Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
MONITORING, EVALUATION AND LEARNING SPECIALIST
(Grant will be Implemented in Turkana, Nyanza, Nairobi Regions)
Purpose of Position
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist is responsible for leading the design and implementation of the program monitoring and evaluation framework and information system to track delivery against targets, outcomes and impacts. The MEL leads the analysis of data collected for assessment of progress and areas of improvement and overall data management. S/he guides reporting processes amongst technical staff and consolidate program reports, and promotes learning and knowledge sharing of best practices and lessons learned.
Technical and Leadership Support (30%)
- Develop and update framework and system for OVC & DREAMS MEAL in accordance to the design document, donor requirements and World Vision Requirement
- Oversee and coordinate execution of key M&E components (assessment, design, implementation, baseline, monitoring, evaluation, transition, learning and documentation) across the sub-grantees with particular focus on results and impacts as well as lesson learnt
- Participate in development of the annual work plan and budgets, ensuring alignment with technical approach
- Take lead in conducting periodic peer reviews to check for alignment and compliance to USAID and WV Partnership standards
- Ensure that Sub grantees demonstrate required MEAL capacity and ensure that core information for grant management, partners, and funding agencies is available.
- Identify MEAL requirements that require consultancy or partnership, planned for and executed effectively.
- Put in place business process and guidelines to facilitate regular monitoring, tracking and evaluating the performance of sub-grantees.
- Conduct readiness assessment: the incentives at the system level, the beneficiaries and existing capacity
- Identify the need and draw up the ToRs for specific studies and action researches; procure, guide and supervise consultants or organizations that are contracted to implement special surveys and studies required for evaluating grant effects and impacts
- Model a high standard of personal Christian leadership, ministry and integrity through lifestyle and work relationships support spiritual development of his/her team.
Quality Assurance and Reporting (30%)
- Ensure the successful development, elaboration and roll out of implementation strategies and operational guidelines
- Coordinate and ensure timely submission of a quality and comprehensive progress report
- Guide staff and sub-grantees/implementing partners in preparing their progress reports in accordance with approved reporting formats and ensure their timely submission.
- Coordinate review and provision of timely feedback to the sub-grantees/implementing on the regular statutory reports
- Prepare consolidated progress reports for grant management including identification of problems, causes of potential bottlenecks in the project implementation, and providing specific recommendations
- Undertake regular visits (including occasional integrated missions) to the field to support implementation of MEAL and to identify where adaptations might be needed
- Ensure internal control systems are implemented to mitigate risks and ensure accountability that will result in good audit ratings
Capacity Building and guidance (20%)
- Organize (and provide) refresher training in MEAL for grants staff, implementing partners, local organizations and primary stakeholders with view of strengthening local MEAL capacity
- Ensure the consolidation of a learning culture – based upon evidenced-based best practices and industry standards – to enable project staff to achieve and/or surpass established targets and standards and;
- Impart appropriate mentoring, coaching and supervision in order to equip, motivate and empower technical specialists in the area of MEAL.
- Clarify MEAL responsibilities of different project personnel and provide requites ongoing coaching and guidelines.
- Guide staff and sub-grantees to identify and resolve issues and challenges in monitoring systems, using ongoing mentorship and coaching approach
- Ensure timely communication, documentation and publication of MEAL findings and lessons at all levels and disseminate for timely utilization and decision making
Networking and Strategic Engagements (15%)
- Engagement with the government (Health Ministry department) to ensure that data sharing and learning practices are in harmony
- Ensure active involvement of stakeholders in iterative MEAL process as appropriate
- Network with external and WV internal partners to promote learning and achieve MEAL excellence
- Ensure effective engagement with Government departments, Regional technical/sector representatives.
- Resource mobilization support through provision of valid evidence
Other Duties 5%
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Minimum education, training and experience requirements to qualify for the position:
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline, such as mathematics, statistics, informatics, or a related field with knowledge/skills of Geographical Information Systems and information technology.
- At least ten years of experience implementing monitoring and evaluating activities for complex programs in developing countries (in collaboration with partners such as Government Ministry of Health Department and systems)
- Demonstrated experience in providing technical support, setting up and managing M&E systems that track performance as per the objectives of this activity (e.g. service integration and performance against each result area) and in the application of statistical methods and database management.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders and familiarity with PEPFAR indicators and reporting requirements
- Demonstrated expertise in rigorous quantitative and qualitative research and analytical methods including research/study design and implementation, design and data analysis, rapid appraisals, etc.
- Experience in building capacity/Training of staff on relevant technical fields and especially on MEAL;
- Familiarity with and a supportive attitude towards processes of strengthening local organizations and building local capacities for self-management
- Experience in production of high quality briefs and reports
- Experience in publications of articles/journals
- Health related action research experience
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Kiswahili
- Statistical training certification especially on data analysis, advanced excel, SPSS, On-line data collection platforms
- Project Management certification (PMP1 or PMD 2)
- Excellent report writing, analytical and communication skills, including oral presentation skills, knowledge management and dissemination of research findings (in English).
- Report writing, research, monitoring and evaluation skills
- Strong leadership and Coordination skills
- Ability to take initiative, solve complex problems, exercise independent judgment
- Ability to work with minimum supervision;
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, and emotional maturity
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts;
- Excellent English communication skills (both oral and written).
- Experience working in fragile and interfaith contexts