The job holder reports to the IHUB Deputy Director and will be responsible for enhancing the organizations timely and effective delivery of significant maintenance projects and regular maintenance of property facilities and equipment for IRC IHUB and shared spaces and expatriate staff residences; always upholding high technical and professional standards.
Duties and responsibilities
Workspace services (20%)
• Manage IRC flex work policy for Nairobi.
• Space allocation and co-ordinate utilization of assigned space for IHUB
• Oversight of reservation software system.
• Responding to space forecast request by recruitment team and hiring managers.
Facility maintenance (40%)
• Office facility inspection and repair by developing an agile database of contractors and maintaining relations with them; for various types of property maintenance and renovations/enhancement works and Insurance placement.
• Defining need for maintenance contracts for technical facilities and Equipment; reviewing, negotiating, and recommending the same to the Deputy Director. (Security, HVAC, MEP, FIRE, PLAND &FLOWER MAINTENANCE)
• Managing contracts for maintenance of technical facilities and equipment and ensuring compliance with statutory requirements.
• Maintaining facility records e.g., copies of leases, inventories, and maintenance records.
• Provide input into financial planning and expense forecasting of facility maintenance budget line.
• Co-ordinating with safety and security for physical security inspections for the leased properties
• Responsible for development of long-term plans for completing capital repairs and improvement for IRC IHUB.
• Project managing all significant property maintenance, renovation, or enhancement works technical specifications (including drawings), Bills of Quantities, Tendering, Contracts Review, Supervision of works, Assessment/Measurement of progress and recommendations on related payments and communications to all stakeholders.
• Administration service charge, parking spaces and lease requirements with the property management.
Expatriate staff leased properties (30%)
• Conducting market survey to guide IHUB deputy director and HQ compensation and benefits structure for expatriate rents.
• Advising staff on a whole range of issues involving real estate property leasing, use, disposition, and renovation
• Ensure residential quarters are in good condition by vacating users and ensure that the staff properly account for any damages and losses.
• Liaising with finance department on lease deposit payments and collection.
• Maintaining expatriate leased property policy.
• First line review of lease before legal review and serve as official repository of residential leases in Nairobi.
Monitoring and evaluating facility performance metrics (10%)
• Cost of operation
• Total occupancy cost
• shared service cost
• Occupancy rate
• Energy use
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in construction management or real estate.
• A competent user of design software such as AutoCAD.
• A competent user of the Internet, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft Excel.
• At least 5 years of practical experience working facility maintenance.
• Excellent communication, influencing, and negotiating skills.
• Good organization and administrative skills.
• A strong team player.
• Ability to perform with minimal supervision.
• Ability to adapt a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business.
• High integrity
• Articulate and self-confident
• Professional and highly self-motivated
• Client service oriented – understands soft and hard service delivery
• Ability to manage assigned tasks proactively and efficiently
• Adaptable and able to work in an environment of fluctuating workloads.
• Must display a high degree of emotional maturity