Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About Palladium – Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people’s lives.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion – We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or any other circumstance, please email our team at email@example.com
Safeguarding – We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
Project Overview and Role:
The Senior Technical Advisor, Private/Public Sector Health is a full-time position for an upcoming award being solicited through USAID/Kenya & East Africa to promote Private Sector Opportunities to a Fully Private Care and Treatment. USAID/Kenya & East Africa’s Health, Population, and Nutrition (HPN) Office has realized the need to expand their approach to private sector engagement, and the paradigm of their relationships to be more transformational and private sector led. In line with USAID’s new Private Sector Engagement Policy, USAID/KEA’s office has prioritized the following areas to engage the private sector to reshape the healthcare supply in Kenya using market-based approaches that will increase access and contribute to a sustainable health system: 1.) Expand and strengthen supply chain partnerships; 2.) Increase the availability of small-scale private sector health providers; 3.) Increase access to financing for private health sector firms; and 4.) Harness ICT/digital health private sector opportunities to scale up health delivery. The position is in response to the Kenya & East Africa’s Health, Population, and Nutrition (HPN) Office having realized the need to redesign the HSS portfolio to align to its guiding principles including A) seeks to pull together a group of related HSS functions that collectively contribute to systems outcomes of equity, quality and resource optimization for HIV/TB, FP/RMNCAH and malaria program. B) The program will look into working with the devolved system of Health governance; C) revitalise local capacity development by building on and strengthening local capacity to bring change and sustain results with private sector, public sector policy thinktanks and academia; and D) Ensure delivery of high impact interventions through collaboration learning and adapting with short learning loops. This activity will primarily focus on strengthening health partnerships as a method to improving Kenya’s HSS environment. The position is based in Nairobi, Kenya. The Senior Technical Advisor, Private Sector Health will lead the development and execution of private health sector activities with the aim to improve sustainable financing for health in Kenya.
This position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya and is contingent upon contract award to Palladium.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support and leadership to private sector health financing, supply chain, health policy formulation, private sector service delivery, advocacy for co-financing, HIV/AIDS, malaria, and family health, including desk-based research, quantitative analysis (e.g. costing), health market analysis, and commercial sector and investor partnership building.
- Leads planning, development, and implementation of private sector health activities, including management of staff, budget, reporting requirements, and products.
- Prepares presentations, manuscripts, reports, and briefs for internal and/or client use.
- Supports capacity building and knowledge sharing within the team on private sector engagement and investments in health.
- Represents the project/program in specific technical meetings and fora, including coordination meetings with partners, clients, and other stakeholders.
- Participate in outside associations, conferences, and symposia, including presentations of technical work.
- Fluent writing, reporting, and presentational skills in English.
- Extensive experience in Public Health, International Development, Public Policy, Health Sector Management, or a related field.
- Extensive experience in private sector health, public-private partnerships, and private investments in health in Kenya, including experience with USAID strongly preferred.
- Strong understanding of commercial sector in the Kenyan context, including private hospital and clinic networks, healthcare manufacturers, and health insurance, among others.
- Experience working with/ for commercial companies and/ or investors highly desirable.
- Strong quantitative skills, including data analysis and statistical interpretation. Experience with statistical software such as
- Stata, and familiarity with macro coding in Excel is desirable.
- Experience with government engagement in the context of fostering better understanding and collaboration between public and private sectors in health, desired.
- Ability and interest to present complex information to diverse audiences. Clear and effective writing and oral communication skills, including significant experience with report development and presentation software.
- Strong program management, organizational, and interpersonal skills required.
- Attention to detail and ability to perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities effectively and efficiently often within a required timeframe.
- Fluency in English.