Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
FINANCE ACCOUNTANT – PAYROLL AND TAXES
The holder of this position shall be responsible for ensuring effective and efficient payroll processing and management, all necessary tax returns are filed and the reconciliation of intercompany balances done, internal controls are upheld, general financial accounting for effectiveness and efficiency in payments. The role holder is expected to provide accurate financial information to the budget holders, management and the auditors and ensure organizational efficiency and effectiveness in utilisation of resources.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Finance/ Accounting from a recognized University or in a related field Professional Accounting qualifications (CPA II or ACCA II);
- Have at least five (5) years working experience in finance/accounting function; with proven experience in design, implementing and monitoring financial and administrative control systems;
- Proven experience in generating audit trails, budgets and financial reports for use by management and donors;
- Have demonstrated high understanding of finance and accounting matters;
- Possess a high level of IT proficiency in use of SUN system, Vision, Payroll software, MS Word, Excel, Access, Power-point, and e-mail.
- Leading Innovation and Change – Establish a culture of excellence in respective to a team that values experimentation and continuous improvement
- Feminist Leadership – Championing feminist leadership principles and values including commitment to diversity and inclusion (race, gender, power)
- Child protection and safeguarding –Embed AAIK and sector’s approach to child protection and Safeguarding is embedded in all initiatives holistically
- AAIK Values Practice – Ensure a personal and team culture that demonstrates all of AAI’s Values including: Mutual Respect, Equity and Justice, Integrity, Solidarity with people Living in Poverty and Exclusion, Courage of Conviction, Independence and Humility Payroll processing and management
- To process payroll and other staff payments to ensure all staff are paid in a timely manner and all payroll deductions are remitted in good time
- Reconcile the payroll master to the ledger
- Update the payroll master with in coming staff and outgoing staff
- Computation of final dues and Gratuities as they fall due
- Annually issue staff with their completed P9 forms to facilitate filing of returns
- Compile statutory deductions (HELB, NHIF, NSSF etc.) submit to the payables desk for processing and send payment schedules to the relevant authorities.
- Securely store all payroll related documentation. Internal Controls
- Analysis and reconciliation of assigned Accounts on a monthly basis and pass adjustment journals.
- Reconciliation of the bank accounts (Foreign currency and Kes)on a monthly basis
- Reconciliation of Mpesa Mobile wallet accounts to cash book
- Reconcile the credit cards accounts to the cash book
Job Description and Person Specification
- Preparation of audit schedules during interim and final audit.
- Custodian of all payment vouchers and support documentation. Tax
- Compile final PAYE to be paid for the month, file on I tax and submit to the payables desk for processing.
- Compile withholding tax for the month, file on I tax and submit to the payables desk for payment.
- File annual tax returns for the organisation (Corporate tax return, withholding tax) before the prescribed deadlines.
- Review on a monthly basis if all applicable taxes have been remitted (On casual/contract staff, withholding tax and support field staff to file the returns. Medical Scheme • Prepare and issue staff with quarterly outpatient medical statements
- Advice management on all staff that have exceeded their medical limit Internal Controls
- Account analysis for payroll related accounts and withholding tax account and pass necessary journals
- Account analysis for intercompany (Recharges) accounts to reflect the correct debtor balances.
- Analysis of the remittances Accounts (Actual remittances against Probal report)
- Analysis and reconciliation of the AAI expenditure account against Probal report. Intercompany
- As the contact person for Recharges in the country on a monthly basis, send recharges to AAI – ‘Recharges Finance’
- Prepare the monthly interface files for Intercompany expenses, remittances and recharges from the PROBAL report.
- Prepare the monthly Probal Incomes and remittances interface file for posting in SUN system.
- Prepare and share timely and accurate documentation of lessons learnt to promote best practise.
- Perform other functions that will be assigned by the Management Accountant from time to time.