Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Title: Senior Caseworker
This position is responsible for implementing all United States Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) Field Processing activity at RSC Africa and ensuring that RSC Africa processing priorities and targets are met and that standard operating procedures are strictly followed. Supervision
This position reports to a Field Processing Supervisor.
1. Achieves and maintains a high performance standard based on a thorough knowledge of, and adherence to, established Church World Service Resettlement Support Centre (CWS/RSC Africa), Department of State (DOS), United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), and Refugee Processing Centre (RPC) policies and procedures regarding current refugee processing eligibility criteria, database, and file management guidelines, the role of US
Resettlement Agencies and refugee producing country conditions.
2. Travels throughout Sub-Saharan Africa, as assigned, to conduct resettlement interviews with refugee applicants, collecting biographical information and establishing refugee claims, in a dignified and professional manner.
3. Conducts the AOR Screening and Pre-screening One interview, per the daily minimums set by Field Team Management, in a non-confrontational, objective, and dignified manner. This includes:
1. Determining case composition and ensures all refugee cases are cross-referenced according to established standard operating procedures.
2. Establishing the validity of an applicant’s identity through verification of all demographic and biographic information including, but not limited to, names, nationalities, birth dates, and locations of all immediate family members in order to complete the refugee case history as required.
3. Collecting all identity information including photographs, height, and weight.
4. Documenting applicant’s persecution claim.
5. Analysing, evaluating, and assessing the eligibility of refugee applicants for final adjudication by USCIS officers.
4. Assists in Adjudications Circuit Rides, which includes completing post-Adjudication review,
updating decisions and fingerprints, and preparing and distributing decision letters.
5. Runs Quality Check reports to ensure complete and accurate files, as well as identifies and correct processing errors prior to USCIS adjudication.
6. Identifies and reviews cases pending Prescreening and USCIS interviews in preparation for scheduling, schedules the cases in WRAPS, generates reports for refugee/partner notification, ensures that the reports are centrally filed for easy retrieval, and updates WRAPS accordingly.
7. Prepares cases for CIS, including reviewing physical and WRAPS files and constituting physical files.
8. Works with other Operations departments as necessary to properly update the appropriate cases.
9. Assists as needed in preparing circuit rides. This may include but is not limited to; requisitioning supplies, assisting GSO in preparation, packing of files, contacting interpreters, clean up at the end of the circuit ride, and other tasks as assigned by the Supervisors.
10. Completes and updates all case files all database records.
11. Writes deferrals and info memos for referring agency action, as required.
12. Conducts file reviews in accordance with RSC and USCIS guidelines, paying close attention to detail.
13. Assists in various administrative tasks including but not limited to: research, locating files, data entry, and case analysis.
14. Analyses complex cases in consultation with Supervisors in accordance with established policies and procedures, while remaining open to supervisory direction.
15. Trains new staff as required and contributes to the development of Field Team training procedures and their implementation.
16. Contributes to the development and updating of standard operating procedures for the Field Team in coordination with Field Team Supervisors, Managers and Field Team Coordinator.
17. Provides feedback to staff completing Pre-screening one interviews on the quality of their cases.
18. Serves as a Point of Contact (POC) and lead a team in the field. This includes coordinating and managing logistics in the field for the circuit ride. This also involves but is not limited to; maintaining effective relations with UNHCR, IOM, USCIS, US Embassies and other implementing partners; coordinating transport of files, equipment and supplies; ensuring equipment is well managed and utilized; hiring, supervising and paying of interpreters; completing a trip report and accounting fully for funds advanced; and maintaining thorough knowledge and adherence to Circuit Ride and Field Processing Standard Operating Procedures.
19. If requested, assists with emails in the Field Processing inbox.
20. Facilitates DNA testing for P3 applicants as needed.
This position also undertakes other duties as assigned by CWS/RSC Africa Management.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or four (4) years of paid work experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree is required.
Experience: Two (2) years of paid work experience isrequired. Casework or previous resettlement experience is preferred. Prior USRAP Field Processing experience preferred.
- Second language an advantage; French, Somali, Tigrinya, Amharic, Kinyarwanda orArabic preferred
- Demonstrated computer skills, especially Microsoft Word, Excel, andOutlook.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong verbal and written English language skills.
The Senior Caseworker must have the ability to:
- travel extensively throughout the regions, sometimes on short notice and under difficult conditions;
- accurately type 40 word per minute at 96%accuracy;
- pass the regularly administered job knowledge assessments at 80% or higher;
- communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;.
- follow instructions from the Supervisor with a positive and receptive attitude;
- deal effectively and courteously with a large number of associates, outside agencies,refugees and members of the general public;
- conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner to represent the best interests of RSC Africa and CWS/IRP;
- maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail;
- carry out all of the duties of the position efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision;