Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Requisition ID: req17263
Job Title: Nutritionists
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
The IRC lead a multi-agency program of operational research to develop a simplified combined protocol for the treatment of severe and moderate acute malnutrition (Combined Protocol for Acute Malnutrition Study- ComPAS). The ‘Combined Protocol’ was tested in a detailed RCT in two countries: South Sudan and Kenya. The IRC is recruiting Nutritionists to be part of a Team to advance this protocol through and operational Pilot in West Pokot County. He/she will be part of the team implementing COMPAS.
Working under the mentorship of the Nutrition Officer. The Nutritionist shall be responsible for the day-to-day liaison and implementation of the pilot and other nutrition activities at subcounty level Support ongoing Nutrition interventions that are not limited to COMPAS pilot implementation, MIYCN activities family MUAC.
He/she will be responsible for day-to-day data compilation.
- Assist, plan and support the MOH on staff training and COMPAS pilot, distribution of MUAC tapes to families in the targeted areas.
- Collaboration with the ministry of health conduct trainings to M2MSGs on MIYCN practices.
- In collaboration with MOH Train community health workers including CHEWs and CHVs on family MUAC and COMPAS approach.
- Take part in the development of wok plans for the activities to be implemented.
- Plan and conduct trainings on Growth Monitoring Promotion (GMP), IMAM and MIYCN to other mainstream health practitioners.
- Support MoH nutrition teams to offer support through counselling to individuals with medical conditions including Comprehensive Care Clinic clients.
- Compile and submit donor and IRC Nutrition Program weekly, biweekly, and monthly reports of all the activities implemented,
- Support supervisor in Monitoring budget spending in line with spending plan and ensure diligence in grants utilization including timely spending and value for money.
- Collaborate closely with Supply Chain Department in logistical program, supplies, procurement, and supervise supply control.
- Support MOH on DQAs.
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Hold a minimum of Diploma in Food Nutrition and Dietetics from recognized institution.
- Be registered with KNDI.
- Minimum 1year experience within an INGO/NGO in implementing emergency community nutrition.
- Experience of Maternal infant and young child nutrition with strong BFHI/BFCI approaches.
- Experience in nutrition survey and assessment.
- Shown analytical, communication/ negotiation skills and ability to think strategically.
- Experience in report writing and excellent digital literacy.
- Ability to work in hardship areas (previous experience in a camp setting will be an added advantage)
- Proficiency in Pokot desirable.
- Flexible and positive personality.
- Strong planning and implementation capacity.
- Confident and capable negotiator, communicator, and networker.
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers are required to conform to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and implements policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other encouraging benefits and allowance.
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Please take note that International Rescue Committee (IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes.