Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Requisition ID: req17290
Job Title: Reproductive Health Manager
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Lodwar, Kenya
Under the mentorship and direct supervision of Field coordinator and the Health Technical coordinator, the RH Manager shall be responsible for the overall provision and technical support of Reproductive health activities and services offered in Lodwar program in Turkana County. He/She will collaborate and work closely with MOH and Department of Reproductive Health to ensure the project goals are achieved.
- Coordinate all Reproductive health activities and support the program as per project objectives and MoH mentorship /workplans.
- Develop, recommend, and implement strategies to improve utilization of reproductive health services in target areas of implementation.
- Jointly with MOH team, conduct regular monitoring and supervision visits to the BEmONC and CEmONC facilities to assess quality of care being provided.
- Ensure implementation of comprehensive emergency obstetric care in facilities and ensure adherence to MOH/WHO protocols and guidelines.
- Track budgets, procurement plans, and work plans to ensure smooth implementation of the project in the target sub-counties in Turkana.
- Work with the MOH to ensure reproductive health services meet community needs and embracing a coordinated community approach.
- Provide regular reports on program implementation progress and challenges, and site visit reports to the Field coordinator and Health Technical Coordinator.
- Ensure accurate RH activities records are maintained and kept, relevant reports generated and submitted as per the donor requirement.
- Work with other IRC programs to ensure integration of Reproductive health care services with other sectors for effective services delivery and utilization of resources.
- Attend MOH technical meetings relating to RH services provision including key donors and other partners stakeholders meeting in the target project areas.
- Work with MOH and collaborate with other RH implementing agencies to ensure a multi-sectorial approach to RH programming.
- Ensure RH supplies are available in the health facilities for quality services provision to the target population.
- Participate on all matters pertaining to Reproductive Health through information exchange.
- Disseminate relevant updated information on reproductive health issues.
- Support program staff recruitment in conjunction with the Human Resources Department.: Maintain updated job descriptions, conduct interviews, and orient new staff.
- Provide timely and quality performance evaluations to the direct reporte-es (RH officer).
- Identify staffing/capacity gaps and recommend to the field coordinator for action.
- Provide mentorship and capacity building to the program staff based in Lodwar.
- Identify capacity building needs of the program staff and develop capacity building plans to improve performance and professional development.
- Ensure IRC HR policies are always respected.
- Promote the IRC Way with all supervise-es.
Grant implementation and Budget management
- Participate in development, monitoring and implementation of health budgets and activities, in alignment with agreed and/or contractual timelines.
- Represent the RH program in grants meetings (grants opening, budget review and grants closure meetings).
- Participate in proposal development and donor reports writing.
- Prepare spending, procurement, and staffing plans for the RH Program.
- Ensure diligence in grants utilization.
- Keep the Field coordinator and Health Technical Coordinator advised of all developments and issues through weekly updates.
- Review weekly DHIS report to supervise RH indicators, before submitting to TCs and the donor, and external partners as the need arises.
- Ensure regular field monitoring and recommend modifications of reproductive health program approach as the need arises.
- Participate in writing internal and donor reports as per set timelines (monthly, quarterly, and annually) on grant activities, indicators and achievements for the project.
- Ensure timely submission of accurate RH progress reports as required by donors.
Representation & Coordination
- Attended monthly coordination meetings organized by MOH and ensure relevant coordination-related data is shared.
- Participate in interagency health working groups or committees as required.
- Participate in the RH partners meeting as scheduled by MOH.
- Attend the RH quarterly data review meetings organized by MOH and share project achievements.
- Degree in Health profession (clinical or Nursing) or equivalent.
- At least Five years’ experience in comprehensive reproductive health services delivery and programming.
- Previous experience in leading teams and grant implementation.
Required Experience & Proficiencies:
- Good knowledge and experience in maternal health care services.
- Good leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in MoH implementation and teamwork.
- Good interpersonal relations
- Culturally sensitive and able to work in a challenging environment under minimal or no supervision.
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers are required to conform to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and implements policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other encouraging benefits and allowance.
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Please take note that International Rescue Committee (IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes.