Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Requisition ID: req17266
Job Title: Supply Chain Assistant
Sector: Supply Chain
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Supply Chain Assistant will work under the supervision of the Supply Chain Officer and should be a strong team member who can assist in the continued development of the logistics team and contribute to the further effective running of IRC programs.
- The implementation and / or maintenance of standard IRC Kenya procurement procedures.
- Ensuring that procurement services are carried out in accordance with IRC Kenya and donor-specific polices.
- Coordination with Finance, Admin, and program departments to ensure coordinated internal controls, timely payment of vendors and full, auditable support documentation.
- Ensuring a transparent and responsive procurement process is implemented and maintained.
- Routine communication, coordination, and planning with the relevant requesting staff / programs regarding the order and delivery of supplies.
- Ensuring that all Supplies, services, and equipment required are delivered in time.
- Establishment and maintenance of ethical, professional working relationships with suppliers.
- Maintain supplier information for regularly purchased items and be advised of current market conditions.
- Supervise staff, assigning of duties through Delegation, supervising the performance and regularly evaluating staff directly supervised by you.
- Guide on procurement-specific issues or improvements.
- Receive purchase request, process quotation, process purchase orders and payments.
- Make sure the warehouses looked after, ensuring that updating of stock records is done daily both on the Bin card and stock cards.
- Certify that stores’ procedures are adhered to by all staff.
- Ensure that there is Controlled access to all IRC stores verify stores premises are secure.
- Have a well maintained stores filing system.
- Make certain efficient storage and inventory system is maintained and review monthly stock reports.
- Confirm office, residence, and store’s inventory is done monthly.
Assets and Equipment management
- Maintain a monthly updated asset register and make sure updated asset, inventory sheets are well kept.
- Verify that all IRC property is well maintained. Also handle fleet.
- Guarantee assets that are allocated to individuals are signed off on the equipment issue form.
- Certify that the premises are well looked after.
- Check that the movement of IRC assets is supervised, and the vital documentation is done when an asset changes its status.
- Ensure that an up-to-date filing system for all assets maintained. Also review all monthly asset reports.
- Recommend assets for disposal and ensure that the vital paperwork is prepared.
Supply Chain Reports
- Weekly PR Tracking status report, monthly Assets, Inventory and Fleet reports.
- Data collection.
- Holder of minimum Diploma or equivalent in purchasing, supplies and management in business Management, Supply Chain management / computer literate.
Required Experience & Proficiencies:
- At least 3 years’ experience in procurement administration, preferably with a non- governmental or humanitarian international organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly, coupled with ability to influence through negotiation skills.
- Good writing and organizational skills.
- High sense of integrity.
- Excellent digital literacy and experience working with procurement software’s.
- Cultural and diversity sensitivity. Proficiency in Pokot desirable.
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers are required to conform to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and implements policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other encouraging benefits and allowance.
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are aligned with the Kenyan NGO Sector.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Please take note that International Rescue Committee (IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes.