Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Card issuing contributes a critical role in the current E-channel offering within the bank. Cards offer a pivotal driver in the Banks agenda to drive the digital strategy. The current agenda, which has notably taken off, is to drive utilization of funds from source having witnessed a successful migration of customers from banking halls to the ATMs in the past 2 decades. In addition to offering convenient channels, card issuance contributes to the key revenue drivers of the bank including interest income, NFI and FX through the array of card product offering in Credit, Prepaid and Debit products. The Senior Manager will create and execute a cohesive strategic card product plan that optimizes debit and prepaid card issuance, activation & utilization and credit card portfolio performance.
- Development and implementation of strategies necessary to achieve a sustained growth in revenues & profitability through the card business.
- Retain and enhance business relationships from existing and potential customer base through delivery of excellent customer experiences.
- Develop, market and monitor the Cards business, with the aim of ensuring that the Bank remains competitive and keeps track with dynamic digital/Card/Channel environment.
- Direct involvement in overall business strategy, tactics, and objectives necessary to deliver on Channel Business expectations. Include strategy management planning events, regular one-to-one discussions with peer senior managers.
- Lead and develop an effective team through training. Communication, performance management, development plans and reward/recognition practices.
- Implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with the Manager Risk and Compliance, ensuring adequate compliance resources, risk mitigation and training, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
- Create and implement well-orchestrated action plans including engagement with regulators. Knowledge of all regulatory changes and operational environment and assures compliance with current regulations.
- Develop budgets to ensure cost containment.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree from an institution recognized by Commission for University Education.
- Possession of professional qualifications in Sale and Marketing will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in a Card Issuing role
- At least 4 years’ experience in Card Sales and Services covering product development responsibilities
- Must have 4 years’ experience in a Visa & Mastercard Operations role
- Strong competencies in financial analysis and report writing skills is essential
- Excellent interpersonal, and negotiation skills with the ability to network, generate new business and develop strong business relations.
- Assertive, self-motivated with desire to succeed in a fast-paced environment.
The above position is a demanding role for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our Recruitment Portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Friday, 25th June 2021
Qualified candidates with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
NB: In the event that you are successful in an interview, we will require that you provide us with the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA Pin Card
- Birth Certificate of self
- Passport Photo (White Background)
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Police Clearance Certificate (less than 5 Months old)
- Academic and Professional certificates, including official transcripts
- Certificates of Service from previous employers as applicable