Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Vacancy number CGHR/196
POSITION: Assistant Laboratory Technologist J/GKMR 8 (3Position)
Reports to: Study Coordinator
Location: Asembo, Siaya County and Kisumu
This is the entry and training grade for diploma holders in this cadre. An officer at this grade will work under the supervision and guidance of a Senior Officer.
The duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:
• Preparing reagents
• Breading of disease vectors (mosquitoes)
• Receiving/collecting, recording of specimens according to applicable protocol SOP;
• Processing and analyses of specimen;
• Recording and reporting of results in a specified format;
• Dispatching the results for clinical/Research management;
• Routine and daily maintenance of laboratory equipment;
• Ensuring adherence to biosafety and biosecurity guidelines;
• Taking part in preparation of Standards Operations Procedures (SOPs)
b) Person Specification
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:-
• Diploma in Applied Biology, Medical Laboratory Sciences, Medical Laboratory Technology or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
• Registration Certificate issued by the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board (KMLTTB) or any other recognized regulatory body;
• Valid practicing License from Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists
• Proficiency in computer application;
• Certificate in GCP/GCLP
• Fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution
c) Key Skills and Competencies
• Communication skill
• Interpersonal skills
• Team player
Terms of Employment: A one-year renewable contract as per KEMRI scheme of service and a probation period for the first 3 months.
Remuneration: Salary is negotiable within the appropriate KEMRI pay grade depending on education and experience
Applications MUST include the following:
• Letter of Application (INDICATE VACANCY NUMBER)
• Current Curriculum Vitae with telephone number and e-mail address
• Copies of Certificates, Diplomas or Transcripts
Apply to Director, CGHR, P.O. Box 1578-40100, Kisumu not later than 28th June, 2021.
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER; WOMEN AND DISABLED PERSONS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI/CGHR DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS SELECTION PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY TO RELEVANT AUTHORITY
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.