Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Vacancy: CGHR 198/5/21
Position: Research Administrator/ KMR 5
Location: KEMRI-CGHR, Kisumu, with fieldwork in Siaya county
Duration: 1 year renewable
Reporting to: Principal Investigator
The position holder will be based at the Entomology section of Malaria Research at KEMRI’s Centre for Global Health Research Kisumu, and report to the Principal Investigator. The incumbent will be responsible for overseeing the entomological component of a large cluster randomised trial in 80 villages in Siaya County to evaluate the efficacy of a novel tool for reducing malaria transmission. The evaluation will include longitudinal assessments of entomological parameters to track the impact of the intervention on the vector population and insecticide resistance. The data is linkable with rich epidemiological data on the malaria case burden, and malaria infection prevalence from the same villages. The post holder will work in close consultation with the Principal and Co-Investigators, including with the epidemiological team, and may be asked to chair or co-chair weekly management meetings. He/she will be responsible for reviewing standard operating procedures, manage submission of protocol amendments as required, coordinate fieldwork, overseeing centralised functions of the study, including coordinating data management and procurement of study supplies.
• MSc in Biology, Vector biology, epidemiology or equivalent
• PhD qualification will be an added advantage
• At least 3 years of experience in field-based entomological research of malaria or other vector borne diseases
• Strong hands-on experience with current methods of entomological surveillance and/or evaluation of vector resistance to insecticides
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong supervisory and management skills
• Strong project budgeting and financial management skills
Terms of Employment: 1-year renewable contract as per KEMRI scheme of service and a Probation period for the first 3 months.
Remuneration: Compensation is negotiable within a relevant grade, based on education levels, relevant experience and demonstrated competency. The salary scheme is based on the KEMRI scales plus supplemental amounts.
Applications should include the following:
1. Letter of Application (Indicate Vacancy Number)
2. Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae with Telephone number and e-mail address
3. Three letters of reference with contact telephone numbers
4. Copies of Academic Certificates and Transcripts
Apply to Director, CGHR, P.O. Box 1578-40100, Kisumu not later than 28th June, 2021. Applications should be sent by e-mail to: email@example.com
KEMRI/CGHR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER; WOMEN AND DISABLED PERSONS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST
IMMEDIATELY TO RELEVANT AUTHORITY
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted