Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Position: Senior Research Scientist/ KMR 5
Location: KEMRI-CGHR, Kisumu, with fieldwork in Siaya County
Duration: 1 year renewable
Reporting to: Principal Investigator
The team: The post holder will be based at the Entomology section of the Malaria Research based at KEMRI’s Centre for Global Health Research in Kisian. The incumbent will be responsible for overseeing the entomological component of a large cluster randomised trial in 80 villages in Siaya County to evaluate the efficacy of a novel tool for reducing malaria transmission. The post holder will work in close consultation with the Principal and Co-Investigators, including with the epidemiological team, and may be asked to chair or co-chair weekly management meetings. He/she will be responsible for reviewing standard operating procedures, manage submission of protocol amendments as required,
coordinate fieldwork, and oversee centralised functions of the study including coordinating data management and procurement of study supplies.
• MSc in Biology, Vector Biology, Epidemiology or equivalent
• PhD in Entomology will be an added advantage
• At least 3 years of experience in field-based entomological research of malaria or other vector borne diseases
• Excellent communication skills including oral presentations of scientific information.
• Strong hands-on experience with current methods of entomological surveillance and/or evaluation of vector resistance to insecticides
• Strong supervisory and management skills
• Moderate to advanced level analytical skills and use of at least one statistical software package, e.g. STATA, R, SPSS or SAS
• Experience working in collaboration with multiple agencies/partners or Donors and Ministry of Health
• Strong project budgeting and financial management skills
Terms of Employment: One (1) year renewable contract as per KEMRI scheme of service and a Probation period for the first 3 months. Compensation is as per established pay scale
Applications should include the following:
1. Letter of Application (Indicate Vacancy Number)
2. Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae with Telephone number and e-mail address
3. Three letters of reference with contact telephone numbers
4. Copies of Academic Certificates and Transcripts
Applications should be sent by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 28th June 2021.
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER; WOMEN AND DISABLED PERSONS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI/CGHR DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS SELECTION PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION,
INTERVIEW MEETING AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY TO RELEVANT AUTHORITY
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.