Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Requisition ID: req17301
Job Title: Reproductive Health Assistant
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Lodwar, Kenya
Working under the mentorship and supervision of the Reproductive Health Officer, Reproductive Health Assistant will be responsible for coordinating the day-to-day implementation of reproductive health services delivery in Turkana County in MOH facilities. He/She will ensure quality of care is delivered at the various facilities in the selected sub-counties through routine field visits as well as link the with the other programs to ensure services delivery continues in a coordinated fashion. He/She will work closely with the Turkana County MOH and department of Reproductive Health to achieve the desired goals.
- Carry out support supervision visits together with MOH team to assess services being offered in the health facilities.
- Facilitate linkages with community partners i.e., CHVs, TBAs & community gate keepers.
- Ensure that community health volunteers in each community unit understand and implement community based maternal and newborn health protocols recommended by MOH.
- Ensure there is accurate linkage and referral of expectant mothers from the community/ clinics to the main hospital facilities for skilled delivery and management of obstetric complications.
- Ensure all emergency procedures in maternities (BEmONC and CEmONC centres) follow updated emergency obstetric care protocols.
- Supervise service delivery and data quality at the reproductive health units.
- Take lead in quality improvement project focusing on reproductive health services.
- Follow up with facility in-charges on audits of maternal, neonatal perinatal deaths as well as near misses and together with MOH staff follow up on agreed action points.
- Ensure accurate documentation, timely collection of reports associated with all health and, with the support of Health Information Records & System Officer (HIRO)
- Supervise and ensure crucial RH supplies are available in the BEmONC and CEmONC facilities to support quality delivery of reproductive health services.
- Ensure reproductive health basic protocols and other IEC materials are well displayed in the facilities i.e. EMONC protocols, neonatal resuscitation protocols, Focused ANC services and FP methods.
- Ensure the MOH referral system in place for emergency obstetric services is efficient and responsive to the emergencies arising in the project implemented sub-counties.
- Supervise utilization and support offered for referral linkages in liaison with MOH referral ambulance services.
Human Resource Management
- In liaison with MOH, and the RH Officer, facilitate logistics for training programs for hospital based health staff(Midwives, doctors) in reproductive health as well as identifying their training needs.
- Advise the RH team & MOH on personnel needs for the reproductive health activities and provide technical support in coordination with the RHM & RHO.
- Supervise and ensure the accurate usage of reproductive health and family planning program supplies at the target facilities.
- Participate in annual program planning process, budget implementation, and recommend budget revisions to ensure smooth implementation of the project.
Communication and Reporting:
- In collaboration with M&E team, supervise all statistical reports relating to reproductive health from maternity and clinics ensuring they are accurate and submitted weekly, monthly and annually.
- Supervise closely and report on reproductive health indicators as per the project objectives and targets.
- Together with MOH team, participate in maternal and neonatal death audit committee for all maternal perinatal death and near miss audits.
- Maintain an updated library of reproductive health manuals and other reproductive health resources to use as job aids for trainings.
- Ensure adequate flow of information from MOH team to the in- charges of the health facilities with constant feedback as may be required.
- Carry out other relevant or requested duties as may be required.
Key Result Areas:
- Improvement of key reproductive health indicators skilled delivery, maternal mortality ratio, and complete antenatal care coverage.
- Increased uptake of family planning services with the target sub counties as a strategy of reducing maternal mortality.
- Timely and quality reproductive health care services to Kenyan communities in Turkana County.
- Health Professional (nurse) with at least 3 years of experience practicing MNCH.
- Be registered and have a valid license from the relevant health regulatory body.
- Certificate/Diploma in reproductive health training.
Required Experience & Proficiencies:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of implementing reproductive health services /program.
- Experience in community-based programming will be an added advantage.
- Computer literate
- Standout colleague and cultural sensitivity is required.
- Ability to work in hardship areas (Previous experience in a ASAL setting will be an added advantage).
- Candidates who have held a similar position will be preferred.
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers are required to conform to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and implements policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other encouraging benefits and allowance.
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Please take note that International Rescue Committee (IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes.