Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Requisition ID: req17305
Job Title: Senior Finance Officers-Budget & Reporting (2)
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Under the guidance of Finance Manager -Budget & Reporting -The Senior Finance Officer-Budget & Reporting will handle the day-to-day budget and grants management function.
The Senior Finance Officer will always make sure that all issues relating to Budgets & Reporting are immediately attended to and that the donor budgets are prepared in accordance to IRC’s and the donor’s requirements and are submitted on time.
In addition, s/he will ensure that grants are fully implemented according to donor’s regulations, IRC’s requirements and donor reporting is timely. S/He will develop budget management tool(s) and conduct training(s) to improve efficiency and donor reporting and compliance for the budget holders and any other stakeholder with Finance.
New proposal Budget Development
- Working with program staff to prepare grant budgets to support new proposals.
- Conduct a detailed preparation of existing grant budget revisions ensuring that all costs are covered and are not under/over budgeted in addition to accurate use of the IRC’s and the donor budget formats.
Grant Management & Reporting
- Prepare the monthly Budget Versus Actual (BVA) reports for grants assigned to the position and distribute on time.
- Provide monthly analysis for per grant after each month closing and provide recommendation for the budget holders to ensure accurate grants’ spending.
- Review the budget spending plans and advise relevant staff on spending status and ask for feedback on all over/under spending.
- Prepare and update spending plans for all active grants in coordination with the appropriate budget holders.
- Review the commitments lists from Supply chain, Admin& Human Resources to ensure no double capturing of date on the BvA system.
- Participate in the periodic Grant review, opening and closing meetings and present the spending status.
- Provide support and feedback to Operations and Program Coordinators and Managers for all questions regarding the BVAs.
- In compliance with donor requirements propose and prepare adjustments entries, attaching all supporting documents for finance records and posting into SUN system.
- Preparing Donor Financial reports for all grants for review by the Finance Manager Finance. Make sure the reports comply to donor reporting formats and timely submitted as per contractual requirements.
- Provide analysis of grants spending plan vs. actual spending.
- Review PRs and ensure compliance with IRC & Donor regulations before signing. All Operational Costs to be charged to the correct POOLs.
- Follow up / make sure that all budgets are uploaded on the BVA in the accurate way and according to donor format.
- Analyzing, monitoring, and reporting/addressing all budget excesses
- Track the spending on support costs and provide quarterly analysis for the purpose of any budget amendments or new budgets.
- Ensure Monthly Salary Map is aligned to the budgets & Spending Plans
- Assist the Finance Manager in conducting regular training sessions for new staff and IRC field offices on Budget Management and donor regulations to Program, Operations and Finance staff in close coordination with Grants team.
- Facilitate and co-ordinate external, internal, donor or government audits as guided by the finance Manager- Ensuring that all documentation and required Schedules are made available for the Audit in good time.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Commerce or Finance with a recognized professional certificate in accounting such as CPA, or ACCA.
- Not less than 2 years’ Experience within the Finance Department of an international organization. Experience in the humanitarian sector will be an added advantage
- Extensive experience in working with computerized accounting systems, standard spreadsheet and database programs is an asset.
Required Experience & Competencies:
- Good written and verbal skills in the English language.
- Working experience on budget preparation, budget management and financial reports is a requirement. This job requires strong analytical skills to be able to make logical and strategic budget decision.
- Ability to carry out responsibilities independently with minimal technical support from within the program organization.
- Must be a patient and good communicator who can function in an organizational environment involving a diversity of cultures, languages, and personal interests and agendas.
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers are required to conform to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and implements policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other encouraging benefits and allowance.
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Please take note that International Rescue Committee (IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes.