Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
We believe that Africa does better when everyone has room to grow and thrive. No one should be left out because the distance between seeing an opportunity and making a living from it is too great.
We started by delivering small packages but haven’t stopped there. Today, we’re empowering businesses to send raw materials to their production facilities and finished goods to their customers. We’re helping small scale farmers get their produce to the market. We’re making it possible for the hardworking delivery driver to earn a decent living.
We are here to make it easy to trade in Africa so that everyone has room to grow. Join us.
About the Role
The overall purpose of the Data Lead is to drive the strategic direction and tactics of the data team. The goal is to support all stakeholders with insights, reports and machine learning algorithms that help the business grow. Furthermore, the role focuses on continuously improving internal processes and our data tool stack .
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and ensure execution of the Data strategy in line with the overall business strategy.
- Develop a road map for data in alignment with all stakeholders.
- Manage, grow and motivate the direct reports within the data team.
- Develop ML models and ensure they provide value to the stakeholders.
- Manages overall data architecture and manages, develops, prioritizes and recommends initiatives to improve and build upon the data architecture to support the business.
- Ensures consistency of processes and champions best practices in data management. Oversees data accuracy processes and goals.
- Responsible for user experience with data reporting and tools.
- Devise and evaluate methods for collecting data and constantly try new tools to improve our setup.
- Support the team in developing and maintaining KPI reports and dashboards that communicate key business trends and highlight opportunities for growth and improvement.
- Perform analytics and leverage existing analytical tools to improve decision making and customer strategy development for key stakeholders across Sendy
- Work with the engineering team to store accurate and required data in an accessible manner.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics or other related fields.
- Minimum seven years’ experience in data science.
- Proven ability in data analytics & visualization.
- Skilled in SQl, R, python, etc.
- Experience with AWS,GCP, Snowflake, etc.
- Knowledge of the software development cycle.
- Experience with machine learning algorithms
- Strong leadership skill
- Strong creativity skills and idea generation.
- High-level interpersonal and cross-cultural skills.
- Must be a self-starter and highly organized.
- Ability to work well with people at all levels in the organization.
- Analytical, creative thinking and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communications skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong persuasion and negotiation skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Open to change.
- Calm under chaos.
What We Offer
- Comprehensive health insurance – Inpatient / Outpatient / Dental / Optical
- Flexible vacation
- All risk Insurance
- Office lunch
- Education Stipend
- Opportunity for company stock options