Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
KMF/12. COXSWAIN (KMFRI GRADE 10)- POSITION -TWO (2)
- Basic Salary Scale: KShs. 41,341 – KShs. 53,744
- House Allowance: KShs. 10,000 P.M.
- Commuter Allowance: KShs. 4,000 P.M.
- Annual Leave Allowance: KShs. 4,000 P.A.
- Medical Cover & Other Allowances: As provided by KMFRI
- Terms of Service: Permanent & Pensionable
(a) The duties and responsibilities of the officer entail:
- Piloting of small support boats not requiring intricate navigation skills;
- Supervision of Seamen; and
- Effective and efficient performance of all aspects or regulating duties.
(b) Requirements for Appointment/Person Specifications
For appointment to the position of a Seaman, a candidate must have: –
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) with a mean grade D+ (Plus) or its equivalent;
- Coxswain certificate of competency or any other relevant equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution; and
- Proven experience of at least three (3) years in piloting small boats.
(c) Key Competencies and skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Swimming skills
a) APPLICATION PROCEDURE
Interested and qualified candidates MUST complete the KMFRI Job Application Form, attach their testimonials, certificates, copy of their National Identification Card (ID) and Curriculum Vitae (CV).
Submit their applications both in HARD and SOFT COPY, and envelopes containing the documents should clearly be marked with the position applied for and sent to the address below not later than Wednesday, 7th July 2021.
The Director General,
Kenya Marine and Fisheries Research Institute,
P. O. Box 81651 – 80100,
Silos Road, English Point, Mkomani,
b) APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
Shortlisted candidates in compliance with the Chapter Six of the Constitution will be required to present originals of the following documents during the interviews:
1. Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
2. Clearance/Compliance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
3. Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority
4. Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
5. Clearance from recognized Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
1. Only SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES will be contacted and shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and clearance certificates during the interviews.
2. Any canvassing will lead to AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION.
KMFRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY, PERSONS LIVING WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.