Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
KMF/11. SENIOR GEAR TECHNOLOGIST (KMFRI GRADE 8)- POSITION -TWO (2)
- Basic Salary Scale: KShs. 53,413 – KShs. 69,436 P.M.
- House Allowance: KShs. 28,000 P.M.
- Commuter Allowance: KShs 6,000 P.M.
- Annual Leave Allowance: KShs 6,000 P.A.
- Medical Cover & Other Allowances: As provided by KMFRI
- Terms of Service: Permanent & Pensionable
(a) The duties and responsibilities of the officer entail:
- Designing of all fishing gears;
- Formulation of all gears required by the Institute
- Training the Seamen and Technicians in all aspects of gear making and repair
(b) Requirements for Appointment/Person Specifications
For appointment to the position of Senior Gear Technologist, a candidate must have: –
- Served at the grade of Gear Technologist or its equivalent for a period not less than three (3) years;
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) Mean grade C (Minus) or its equivalent;
- Diploma in Gear Technology or its equivalent from a recognized Institution; and
- Meet requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
(c) Key Competencies and skills
- Good communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in teams.
a) APPLICATION PROCEDURE
Interested and qualified candidates MUST complete the KMFRI Job Application Form, attach their testimonials, certificates, copy of their National Identification Card (ID) and Curriculum Vitae (CV).
Submit their applications both in HARD and SOFT COPY, and envelopes containing the documents should clearly be marked with the position applied for and sent to the address below not later than Wednesday, 7th July 2021.
The Director General,
Kenya Marine and Fisheries Research Institute,
P. O. Box 81651 – 80100,
Silos Road, English Point, Mkomani,
b) APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
Shortlisted candidates in compliance with the Chapter Six of the Constitution will be required to present originals of the following documents during the interviews:
1. Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
2. Clearance/Compliance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
3. Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority
4. Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
5. Clearance from recognized Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
1. Only SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES will be contacted and shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and clearance certificates during the interviews.
2. Any canvassing will lead to AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION.
KMFRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY, PERSONS LIVING WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.