Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
KMF/9. SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT OFFICER (KMFRI GRADE 7)- POSITION -ONE (1)
- Basic Salary Scale: KShs. 61,394 – KShs. 79,812 P.M.
- House Allowance: KShs. 28,000 P.M.
- Commuter Allowance: KShs 6,000 P.M.
- Annual Leave Allowance: KShs 6,000 P.A.
- Medical Cover & Other Allowances: As provided by KMFRI
- Terms of Service: Permanent & Pensionable
(a) The duties and responsibilities of the officer entail: –
- Participate in provision of technical support on implementation of procurement strategies.
- Assist in the implementation of approved consolidated procurement plan.
- Assist in the preparation, compilation and submission of reports to management
- Assist in the implementation of appropriate internal control systems and conduct regular checks on stocks and issuance procedures.
- Ensure effective warehousing and distribution operations by supervising the staff working in the warehouse/ stores.
- Ensuring there is enough and secure storage space for proper storage of the Institute’s assets.
- Coordinate inspection, receipt and issue of goods and services.
- Coordinate the identification of surplus, obsolete, and unserviceable stores and equipment for disposal purposes
- Participate in market surveys by collecting and analyzing data to establish prevailing market prices for standard goods.
- Provide secretariat services for the ad hoc procurement committees
- Supervise the management of procurement registry to ensure safe and secure custody of procurement records
(b) Requirements for Appointment/Person Specifications
For appointment to this grade a candidate must have: –
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade C+ (Plus) or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following: Commerce, Business Administration (Supply Management option), economics, procurement and supply chain management, marketing, law or their equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in computer applications; and
- Meets the requirements of chapter six of the constitution.
(c ) Key competencies and skills
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Team building
a) APPLICATION PROCEDURE
Interested and qualified candidates MUST complete the KMFRI Job Application Form, attach their testimonials, certificates, copy of their National Identification Card (ID) and Curriculum Vitae (CV).
Submit their applications both in HARD and SOFT COPY, and envelopes containing the documents should clearly be marked with the position applied for and sent to the address below not later than Wednesday, 7th July 2021.
The Director General,
Kenya Marine and Fisheries Research Institute,
P. O. Box 81651 – 80100,
Silos Road, English Point, Mkomani,
b) APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
Shortlisted candidates in compliance with the Chapter Six of the Constitution will be required to present originals of the following documents during the interviews:
1. Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
2. Clearance/Compliance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
3. Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority
4. Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
5. Clearance from recognized Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
1. Only SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES will be contacted and shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and clearance certificates during the interviews.
2. Any canvassing will lead to AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION.
KMFRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY, PERSONS LIVING WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.