Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Business Development Associate
Shamiri Institute is seeking an energetic, diligent, self-motivated, and meticulous team player to join its staff as a Research Associate (based in Nairobi, Kenya office). This position offers the opportunity to participate in a broad range of the Institute’s research programming while being part of professional, collegial, and team-oriented small office.
Overall Purpose of the Role
The Business Development Associate at Shamiri will be a driven and detail-oriented business mind, with a focus to identify business growth opportunities and develop strategies to grow Shamiri’s sustainability and partnership portfolio. The S/he will have a strong business acumen as well as demonstrate excellent management, communication, and analytical skills. This role will entail attracting new partners and building solid relationships with them while maintaining existing relationships. Other duties will include market research, developing strategies and pitches for partners, managing a variety of opportunities and identifying new opportunities for the organization. This role reports to the Director of Innovation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Networking and Partnership
- Familiarize with the company’s vision and mission to aid the accomplishment of set goals and objectives
- Map out new development partners and maintain a database for relationship management
- Cultivate strong relationships with new clients/partners, while maintaining existing client relationships
- Work closely with the Director of Innovations and other staff across the organization to implement growth strategies
Fundraising and Resource Mobilization
- Conducting market research and identifying potential clients/partners
- Develop and implement strategies for client/partner acquisition, client/partner service and retention plans, and analyzing sales data to inform or update existing marketing strategies
- Assist with draft strategic plans, sales pitches, presentations, reference materials, and other documents as required
- Work to acquire new donors, help manage donor database, support regular contact with donors
- Develop and submit grant applications in line with the institutional budget projections
- Assist in scheduling meetings with prospective donors, grants, and funders
Required Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills
Educational/Training Background & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration; MBA is an added advantage
- Experience working as a business development officer or similar role; experience in start-up business development is desired
- Demonstrated experience in fundraising and sustainability strategy development
Skills and Proficiencies:
- S/he will be resourceful, organized, and motivated to increase sales, enhance the company’s reputation, and look for new and creative ways to market the organization’s products and services.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a well-organized manner
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and meet deadlines
- Demonstrate excellent management, communication, and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications
Salary and Application Information
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Only Kenyan citizens (or individuals with a legal permit to work in Kenya) will be considered for this role.
- If you have any questions on this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org (cc: email@example.com).
Method of application
To apply, please email your CV and a thoughtful cover letter, addressed to Emily Corrigan, to firstname.lastname@example.org (cc: email@example.com) Deadline is 15th July 2021