Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Requisition ID: req17381
Job Title: Research Assistants (3)
Sector: Research & Development
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Hagadera, Kenya
The IRC has been working in Kenya since 1992, providing services and the unique competencies include provision of basic primary health care and secondary healthcare services to refugee and host community members, promotion of nutritional wellbeing of mothers and children through preventative and curative services, improve livelihoods for urban refugees and vulnerable Kenyans through skills building and direct cash assistance, prevent and respond to Gender Based Violence; promote economic independence; and provide leadership training to help women and girls advocate for the changes they want and through protection program, guard beneficiaries’ human rights and provide dignified access to services
Irish Aid and the IRC’s Strategic Partnership (SP) has been in partnership for the last two and half years and the main pillars have been GBV Response, Preparedness and Recovery, GBV Emergency Response and GBV in Emergencies European Policy and Advocacy.
IRC is in the process of conducting internal evaluation to capture the most significant change achieved by the partnership with an aim of highlighting the program successes and inform the next partnership.
IRC seeks to recruit research assistants to support the internal evaluation.
- Working with the Snr. WPE officer, decide on key domains of change + bounds to be documented.
- Participate in training on most significant change.
- Participate in a data collection training in Hagadera, Dadaab.
- Use key informant guide developed by IRC to conduct key informant interviews and 16 FGDs.
- Collect stories of change and select the best stories of most significant change.
- Verify/ validate the stories.
- Transcribe interview notes and recordings in English.
- Prepare analytical reports per focus group discussions and summary per thematic area.
- Provide IRC with any notes taken during the interviews, or documents provided by key informants as supplemental information.
- Prepare report documenting the field work and data collection process.
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, public health, development studies (or a related field) required. Educational background in research and qualitative methods strongly desired.
- Demonstrated experience conducting qualitative interviews required.
- Understanding of current GBV trends in humanitarian context.
- Strong work ethic and ability to collaborate with a wide range of individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage time efficiently.
- Fluency in English required.
- Somali speaking is an added advantage.
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowance.
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Please take note that International Rescue Committee (IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes.