Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Sanergy is an awardwinning social venture based in Nairobi, Kenya. We undertake three exciting lines of work:
- We provide safe, sustainable sanitation services to residents living in urban informal settlements of Nairobi and Kisumu using endtoend nonsewered sanitation solutions. Watch here!
- We implement a circular economy model to sustainably manage sanitation and organic waste generated in cities. Using technologies developed inhouse, we upcycle the waste into insectbased protein for animal feed, organic fertilizer, and biomass fuel. We operate the largest organics recycling plant in East Africa. Watch here!
- We partner with cities to develop and deliver safe sanitation and waste management for urban residents. Using a systematic methodology, we match cities’ sanitation and waste management needs with technology and service delivery models, and then offer clear guidance on the steps that governments, funders, service providers and technology developers can take to develop and implement integrated service delivery systems.
Operational since 2011, Sanergy serves over 140,000 urban residents with safe sanitation services every day. Sanergy collects and treats over 12,000T of waste per year, and successfully sells its agricultural endproducts to farmers in over 20 counties in Kenya, who see improved yields and increased incomes. At the same time, we have built a team of over 400 employees from diverse backgrounds who solve diverse problems, but all embody the drive, creativity, teamwork, and passion that make us achieve our goals. For our work, we have been recognized by the Gates Foundation as one of the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals accelerator; by Fast Company as one of the 10 most innovative companies in the world doing social good and one of the 10 best companies in Africa, and the Food Planet Prize for our innovative circular economy approach.
About the role
We are an increasingly sophisticated, highly intricate organization with many moving parts. Sanergy seeks accomplished, driven individuals who will make substantive contributions to the organization. We currently seek a Maintenance Engineer Associate to join our team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Hands on maintenance of machinery
- Provide support in the resolution of breakdowns
- Develop and update Standard Maintenance Procedures
- Liaise with the supervisor in the implementation of the problem solving tools
- Implement corrective and preventive actions within the allocated timelines
- Conduct RCA on all breakdowns”
- Share daily reports on maintenance activities for all assets
- Ensure all maintenance issues are logged
- Propose improvements to the manager
- Calculate and track MTBF and MTTR for all equipment
- Refine AM and PM schedules to improve equipment reliability”
- Coordinate with the requesting teams in conducting Preventive Maintenance and resolving Breakdowns
- Coordinate with the requesting teams in conducting operator assessments and training
- Proactively contributing to conflict resolution through open and honest discussions, reporting unresolved conflict to your Supervisor or Talent Partner
- Maintain a cordial working relationship with teammates”
- Work with existing vendors within the established relationship
- Suggest new vendors to the manager or supervisor”
- Develop a monthly and weekly schedule for operator and technician assessments and training.
- Refine AM and PM schedules to improve equipment reliability
- Share ideas on how to standardize and improve maintenance data
- Share ideas on how to improve maintenance processes
- Implement improvement ideas and share feedback.
- Escalate in advance when facing blocks. “
- Keeping track of the maintenance expenses for all assets
- Ask questions and listen to items escalated by the operators in order to understand issues with the assets
- Provide feedback to operators on usage of assets
- Ask for feedback from stakeholders (operators and managers) to improve the maintenance performance”
Execute tasks within the existing processes and policies
Share a report of team failures and learning derived from them
- Degree in Automotive Engineering
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar role
- Experience maintaining the following; SAME tractors, Toyota forklifts, Hino trucks, Mutsubishi trucks, Isuzu trucks and Generators (Perkins)
30th June 2021
Sanergy is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply.