Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR – HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT AND ADMINISTRATION (HR & ADM), IR 10.
JOB REF: KIRDI/HR/01/21
Duties and responsibilities:
Reporting to the Deputy Director, Finance, Human Resources and Administration, the Assistant Director, Human Resource Management and Administration will be responsible for:
i. Coordinating the formulation, review, harmonization and implementation of human resource and administration policies, guidelines and regulations;
ii. Building capacity of human resource and administration for effective execution of human resource and administration function;
iii. Developing human resource management plans to ensure effective succession management;
iv. Ensuring institutionalization of performance management including performance appraisal system;
v. Interpreting and advising on human resource and administration policies and regulations;
vi. Monitoring the implementation of human resource and administration policies, rules and regulations and analyzing their impact on staff;
vii. Facilitating human resource planning, communication, discipline, employee relations, remuneration and staff welfare;
viii. Supervising office management services and staff, and
ix. Overseeing the development and maintenance of an up-to-date human resource and administration database.
i. Masters Degree in any of the following disciplines: – Human Resource Management/Industrial Relations or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
ii. Bachelors Degree in any of the following disciplines: – Human Resource Management/Industrial Relations, Business Management or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution; and
iii. Have CHRP (K) from Human Resource Management Professional Examination Body (HRMPEB);
iv. At least nine (9) years relevant work experience and have served in the grade of Principal Human Resource Officer for at least three (3) years
v. Practicing certificate and full membership from IHRM professional body;
vi. Demonstrated work performance and results, and
vii. Fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
INTERESTED APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO NOTE:
Shortlisted candidates will be required to present originals of the following documents during the interviews:
a) National Identity Card;
b) Academic and Professional Certificates and transcripts;
c) Any other supporting documents and testimonials, and
d) Clearances from the following bodies:
(i) Kenya Revenue Authority
(ii) Higher Education Loans Board
(iii) Commission for University Education for degrees obtained outside Kenya
(iv) Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
(v) Directorate of Criminal Investigation (Certificate of Good Conduct)
(vi) An approved Credit Reference Bureau
e) Recommendations from relevant professional bodies and associations.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
1. Candidates may submit manual (hard copy) or electronic (online) applications;
2. All applications should be submitted together with detailed Curriculum Vitae, a copy of ID/Passport, copies of academic certificates, testimonials and any other relevant supporting documents;
3. Scanned copies of these documents must accompany the online application;
4. The Curriculum Vitae should include information on academic qualifications, professional experience, leadership and management roles, publications, awards, scholarships, funding, membership of professional association, linkages and community service, current remuneration, current position/grade, expected salary email address and telephone contacts;
5. All applications should contain the job title and job reference number as shown below;
6. Manual applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked:
“Application for the position of Assistant Director – Human Resources Management And Administration (HR & ADM), IR 10. JOB REF: KIRDI/HR/01/21”
“Application for the position of Legal Officer I, IR 9. JOB REF: KIRDI/HR/02/21” as applicable and delivered to:
Kenya Industrial Research and Development Institute (KIRDI)
Popo Road, Nairobi South C
P.O. Box 30650 – 00100
7. Online applications may be submitted via email to: email@example.com
All applications should reach the Director/CEO’s office on or before 9th July 2021 latest by 5.00 p.m. (East African Time).
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification