Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture based in Nairobi, Kenya. We undertake three exciting lines of work:
- We provide safe, sustainable sanitation services to residents living in urban informal settlements of Nairobi and Kisumu using end-to-end non-sewered sanitation solutions. Watch here!
- We implement a circular economy model to sustainably manage sanitation and organic waste generated in cities. Using technologies developed in-house, we upcycle the waste into insect-based protein for animal feed, organic fertilizer, and biomass fuel. We operate the largest organics recycling plant in East Africa. Watch here!
- We partner with cities to develop and deliver safe sanitation and waste management for urban residents. Using a systematic methodology, we match cities’ sanitation and waste management needs with technology and service delivery models, and then offer clear guidance on the steps that governments, funders, service providers and technology developers can take to develop and implement integrated service delivery systems.
Operational since 2011, Sanergy serves over 140,000 urban residents with safe sanitation services every day. Sanergy collects and treats over 12,000T of waste per year, and successfully sells its agricultural end-products to farmers in over 20 counties in Kenya, who see improved yields and increased incomes. At the same time, we have built a team of over 400 employees from diverse backgrounds who solve diverse problems, but all embody the drive, creativity, teamwork, and passion that make us achieve our goals. For our work, we have been recognized by the Gates Foundation as one of the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals accelerator; by Fast Company as one of the 10 most innovative companies in the world doing social good and one of the 10 best companies in Africa, and the Food Planet Prize for our innovative circular economy approach.
About the role
The Senior Software Engineer will lead the development of custom enterprise software to power and improve the efficiency of our rigorous processes across the network in line with the overall organization growth strategy
Duties and Responsibilities
- To design innovative new systems, tools and processes that significantly improve operations throughout the organization; ensuring that IT solutions developed provide optimal solutions to the problems they solve.
- Developing standards and guidelines for software design and coding to be used by the software team.
- Ensuring that our IT systems will scale in line with the overall organization growth strategy.
- Leading of software development resources (in-house and contracted) on architecture improvement projects; customizing internal systems with off the shelf software.
- Determining all of the sub-tasks required to successfully implement the agreed upon solution, to spec and on time.
- Responsible for diagnosing problems in development, and coming up with several solution options for both the short-term and the long-term.
- Responsible for using formal de-bugging methods to identify the root-cause of issues, and implement a corrective action plan based on the analysis done of a best-fit solution.
- Responsible for recommending best-fit solutions, languages, and frameworks for all web and Android projects.
- Work with managers to set clear KPIs (quarterly and annually) and ensure work aligns to these goals/metrics and come prepared with documentation for quarterly review meetings with managers
- Perform code reviews to identify opportunities for future enhancement to code written/apps developed.
- Work closely with vendors to ensure projects move forward and stay on time and ensure that services are working as expected and promised, and raise concerns to mgmt if otherwise.
- Manage fellows, partner school students and grads, Unvi interns and grads
- As the Scrum master you’ll be responsible for facilitating daily scrum for developers, reporting updates to daily staff meetings, sprint planning, sprint demo and retrospective meetings.
- Responsible for planning all deployment schedules, project roadmap timelines, appropriately assessing potential risks/timeline slips and making ongoing adjustments to task prioritization as needed.
- Supporting in-house users of our custom software and problem solving.
- Provide mentorship and general knowledge transfer in matters IT related to members of the IT team.
- Degree in Computer Science/IT preferred
- At least 3-4 years of FullStack development experience
- Vast working knowledge and experience of Python, Node.js React, AWS, Django
- Experience taking software projects through the entire software lifecycle (requirements analysis, design, implementation, deployment, post deployment support)
- Development and support of systems that are critical to the day to day operations of medium and large organizations (ERPs, financial systems, CRMs, MRPs etc)
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience with professional software development practices and tools including source code control, defect tracking, unit testing and code reviews.
30th June 2021
Sanergy is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply.