Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
INTERNAL AUDIT OFFICER – REF: TAS/HR/RK/ADV/3293/2021
To provide support in the Internal Audit department through independent, objective assurance and advice designed to add value and improve the organizations operations while focusing on internal control systems, risk management framework and governance.
- Assist in developing risk based annual audit plans detailing the scope, nature and of timing of audit activities for Board Audit Committee approval.
- Perform internal audits in accordance with the risk based annual audit plan and report all audit exceptions with recommendations to the Internal Auditor.
- Discuss the audit findings and recommendations with the Internal Auditor and agree on the practical and applicable recommendations for further discussion with HOD’s.
- Following up with HOD’s to ensure that agreed audit recommendations are implemented within the agreed ti
- Reviewing monthly and quarterly the Company`s financials to ensure they reflect a true and fair view of the Company’s performance.
- Assist the Internal Auditor in preparing the audit reports for presentation to the Board Audit Committee.
- Maintaining accurate records to support and satisfy audit tests.
- Perform special / investigation audit assignments as may be directed by the Internal Auditor, Managing Director and the Audit Commit
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration.
- CII qualifications
- At least 4 years’ experience in Insurance Industry.
Skills and competencies
- Should have knowledge of the standards for the professional practices of Internal Auditing of the Institute of Internal Auditors and application of the same.
- Should have an understanding of the risks in the insurance industry, Insurance laws, practices and regulatory requirements in Kenya.
- Should have an understanding of the operational and accounting aspects of insurance products and services.
- Should possess strong communication (both oral and written) skills.
- Should possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Should have the ability to manage and motivate staff.
- Should have an open and objective mind to improve the organization (add value).
- Should have an understanding of IRA guideline on risk management and internal controls.
Application letters and copy of current CV in one document with names of and addresses of three referees should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org so as to reach us on or before 25th June, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.