Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Title: Special Projects Manager – Programs
Level: Level 1 Manager
This position is responsible for organizing, leading, and executing the implementation of RSC Africa’s various special projects within the Programs division. The position would improve coordination of Programs projects minimizing duplication of efforts which will increase productivity and better time delivery for routine tasks and projects.
This position reports directly to the RSC Africa Deputy Director (DD).
1. Manages the successful execution of RSC Africa’s special projects within the Programs division.
2. Assists in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
3. Researches unique projects and provides reports of ongoing projects to meet the projects’ objectives
a. Analyses and recommends new projects based on the tasks assigned and trends observed
4. Serves as the repository of best practices in project management and ensures the same is shared across the
organization for process improvement
5. Serves as the project lead and develops recommended action plans, tasks, schedules, and timeframes for
embarking on new projects in liaison with the DD
6. Maintains a thorough working knowledge of the USRAP and refugee situations throughout sub-Saharan Africa.
7. Drives impactful and effective project delivery through proactive and clear communication, strong team
coordination, and excellent planning skills
8. Leads regular meetings with project teams to discuss progress, and to identify and manage risks
9. Oversees the daily workflow related to projects and their development follow through to ensure projects are
implemented, the changes are communicated and project closure is done with a report sent to the stakeholders upon project closure
10. Measures and tracks project performance using appropriate tools and techniques specifically to analyze the
successful completion of short and long-term goals
11. Meets budgetary objectives and makes adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis
12. Performs risk analysis to minimize project risks
13. Creates and maintains comprehensive project documentation
14. Ensures smooth cross-departmental collaboration using project management tools that are effective and enhance efficiency
15. Oversees the development, implementation, dissemination, and monitoring of relevant standard operating
procedures (SOPs) for a smooth transition and increased staff adoption and usage on changes made in processes and ensures all PRM issued SOPs and guidelines are adhered to
a. Leads the change management activities within a structured process framework.
b. Executes and supports the organization in streamlining processes after a change in a process.
16. Recommends and assist with the establishment of relevant working groups to complete short-term projects.
17. Any other duty assigned
• A Bachelor’s degree in International Development, Project Management, Social Sciences or a relevant course;
Master’s degree is preferred
• Five (5) years of relevant paid work experience is required; preferably in an international organization.
• Demonstrated institutional knowledge of RSC Africa and USRAP processing
• Excellent results-driven project management skills
• Resilient self-starter who takes ownership of projects while working collaboratively in a team environment.
• Experience working across diverse geographies and cultures (advantageous)
The Special Projects Manager must have the ability to:
• Take initiative in the development and completion of projects within the specified timeframe.
• Articulate messages to a variety of audiences.
• Establish and maintain strong and effective relationships.
• work effectively at all levels in an organization.
• Apply creative solutions to problems.
• Influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
• Effectively prioritize when juggling multiple responsibilities while maintaining. excellent attention to detail.
• Work independently and contribute to the overall operations of RSC Africa.
• Maintain strict confidentiality with RSC Africa administrative and operational information.
• Manage a large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities.
• Work well as a team in a multi-cultural environment while maintaining a high level of motivation.
• Travel to the different locations in which RSC Africa operates at a short notice Effectively manage RSC
Africa’s resources; and
• Actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP).
i) Physical: This position requires bending, fine finger movements, pushing or pulling light objects.
ii) Environmental: Incumbent in this position will work in an open-plan office.
A certificate of Good Conduct issued within the past one year (12 months) is required before the start of employment. A valid passport and the ability to maintain a valid passport throughout the entire appointment is required, which includes having enough passport pages for travel. The candidate should be of good health, willing and able to travel extensively in often difficult conditions, and have a high degree of flexibility. Must have proof of Yellow Fever vaccination before traveling for RSC Africa. The employee will be entrusted with the receipt, custody, and payment of money.