Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The National Council of Churches of Kenya, an umbrella organization for Protestant Churches and Christian Organizations registered in Kenya, invites applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the following position in Kakuma Refugee Camp for a period of 6 months.
|No||JOB TITLE||JOB REFERENCE NUMBER|
|1.||DRIVER -KAKUMA CAMP||DR-KC|
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Reporting directly to the Asst. Logistics/Driver, the job holder will be responsible ensure timely, efficient and safe transportation of authorized persons, deliveries, and Council vehicles in a clean and mechanically sound condition within the legal requirements of the Traffic Laws and regulations.
FIELD OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Inspect motor-vehicles for defects and safe operating condition before, during and after trips
- Ensure that the work tickets are maintained for the assigned motor vehicles, detailing trips, fuel records and service records.
- Ensure the necessary daily, weekly and monthly preventive maintenance and safety checks are carried out on the assigned vehicles
- Apply professional driving skills in maneuvering vehicle at varying speeds in difficult situations, such as heavy traffic, muddy and wet conditions, etc.
- Report all accidents and incidents involving vehicle.
- Monitor maintenance and repair needs of the vehicles and report to the supervisor any faults noted and coordinate rectification of the same as guided by the supervisor and vehicle repairs and maintenance policy and procedures.
- Ensure that all the necessary documentation e.g. license, insurance, others for each vehicle are valid at all times and report to the supervisor at least one month in advance for renewal.
- Promptly report any delays due to breakdowns, weather or traffic conditions or other emergencies, or in the event of irregularities relating to pick up or deliveries.
- Maintain records required for compliance with regulations including driver’s record of duty status, mileage records, and other records required by law.
- Responsible for fuel requisition and keying in all fuel used for the day and analyzing the consumption on daily basis.
- Collect goods and people in good time and ensure safe delivery to designated places.
- Ensure proper handing over before proceeding on leave/field trips/other off to the person identified by the supervisor.
Any other job as advised from time to time
JOB SPECIFICATION AND OTHER INFORMATION RELATED TO THE JOB
- Level of Education/Academic Qualification
At least Secondary School Education (KCSE).
Specialised Training/Professional Qualifications
- Must have a valid driving license class BCE and basic skills in motor mechanics (grade Test II).
- AA Certificate of competency.
Other Competencies/Abilities/Skills Required
- Holder of clean license class B-C-E.
- Must have a valid Certificate of Good Conduct
- Must have basic knowledge of vehicle safety and maintenance
- Experience in off road driving.
- Experience of driving in big towns; Nairobi is mandatory.
- Good communication skills
- Mechanical skills.
- High level of motivation, integrity, commitment.
- Ability to work for long hours with minimal supervision.
- Good team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
Relevant Job Experience
Must have worked in a similar position for at least two years
Qualified and interested candidates should download the NCCK Job Application Form from the NCCK website. Candidates are advised to STRICTLY send the application form ONLY, duly filled in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org The application forms to be received before 12.00 noon on June 30, 2021. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
Please note that NCCK does NOT charge any fee whatsoever for application, processing, interviewing or securing employment.