Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Baobab Network is looking for a new Junior Venture
Partner to join our team.
Company: The Baobab Network
Title:Junior Venture Partner Marketing/Branding
Location: Nairobi, Kenya; Up to 20-25% travel.
The Baobab Network is an accelerator that invests in Africa’s boldest tech entrepreneurs.We support incredible tech founders across Africa to grow and scale truly awesome businesses. We build strategic partnerships with investors and corporates across the world, many of whom have already backed some of the world’s biggest technology companies. We also provide industry leading insight and data to help keep our partners informed on key market developments and trends. Come and join an ambitious and creative team reinventing early stage VC in Africa. We’re dedicated to identifying, investing in and accelerating Africa’s hottest tech start-ups, while helping to develop the tech ecosystem and drive innovation across the African continent.
We have ambitious plans on the next step of our journey developing the leading early-stage investor for frontier markets, and are seeking a Junior Venture Partner Marketing/Branding to help us develop and roll-out our capacity growth support to start-ups founders in Africa. This role is for someone with good knowledge and exposure to marketing and branding for early stage ventures, with ideally a good eye for design and design software knowledge.
What you’ll do:
● Play an active role managing and supporting start-ups within our portfolio, blending project management, strategy consulting, marketing principles; work alongside founders remotely and in-market to help grow their businesses. You will specifically work closely with our portfolio companies on the following:
● Work closely with the startups to create and implement successful marketing campaigns from ideation to execution to our portfolio companies.
● Your recurrent activities will include content creation, social media, PR, partnership marketing, SEO and SEM, events in partnerships with our start-ups founders.
● Creation of marketing collateral for both traditional and digital channels.
● Work closely with start-ups on their marketing assets, website, branding, business proposals, investment decks and more.
● Ability to elevate and accelerate social, digital marketing for start-ups.
● Create brand identity, mission & values, positioning, and voice for their audiences.
● Define key consumer target segments & point of brand differentiation.
● Conceive, execute, and lead influencer and brand engagement campaigns.
● Be the point of reference for our start-ups social media platforms (including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube) and help them on content creation/management.
● Research, identify and develop investment opportunities; analyse and evaluate start-up founders and their businesses; create and pitch investment proposals to our investment committee.
● Work with a cross functional team of Data, Product, Growth, Engineer, Finance, Consulting specialists to support growth and scaling strategies for our start-ups portfolio.
What we’re looking for:
● 2 to 5+ years experience in marketing / branding.
● Experience in developing content for digital communications channels, including web sites, intranets, email campaigns, and social media.
● Very data driven and should be curious about and tell stories using data.
● Experience with traditional & digital marketing.
● AdWords and analytic platforms, mail programs such as Constant Contact and Mailchimp, blogging and blogging platforms, website creation and management.
● Genuine intellectual curiosity, strong interpersonal skills and ability to build diverse relationships.
● Energy, hustle, and initiator mentality.
● Strong communication and presentation abilities. Comfortable communicating, discussing, and debating insights with leaders within the start-ups.
● Start-up experience is essential as the ideal candidate must be able to illustrate where you’ve encountered difficulty and must understand the demands of a start-up environment. You’ve worked in a start-up or, even better, have started your own business.
● You have a demonstrable passion for Africa, technology and entrepreneurship.
● You’re a people person, capable of identifying, nurturing and amplifying the potential in others.
● You’re an excellent communicator and are fluent in English, with bonus points if you also speak French or Portuguese.
● You are always learning and constantly challenging yourself and others around you to be better.
Our nice to haves:
● You are comfortable building infographics, and have experience using design tools to create visual communications. Photoshop and Illustrator are your middle names!
● Paid Marketing experience (SEM, SEO, CRO, paid/organic social, email, affiliate, influencer and planning, content marketing).
● Have lived or worked in any of our key markets across Africa.
For the right candidate, we offer a competitive salary; an opportunity to work with inspirational start-up founders on a day-to-day basis; and genuine responsibility and ownership to shape the strategy and direction of our business and your own personal and professional development.
Deadline is 30th June, 2021