Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Baobab Network is looking for a new Junior Venture
Partner to join our team.
Company: The Baobab Network
Title: Junior Venture Partner Product
Location: Nairobi, Kenya; Up to 20-25% travel.
The Baobab Network is an accelerator that invests in Africa’s boldest tech entrepreneurs. We support incredible tech founders across Africa to grow and scale truly awesome businesses. We build strategic partnerships with investors and corporates across the world, many of whom have already backed some of the world’s biggest technology companies. We also provide industry leading insight and data to help keep our partners informed on key market developments and trends. Come and join an ambitious and creative team reinventing early stage VC in Africa. We’re dedicated to identifying, investing in and accelerating Africa’s hottest tech start-ups, while helping to develop the tech ecosystem and drive innovation across the African continent.
We have ambitious plans on the next step of our journey developing the leading early-stage investor for frontier markets, and are seeking a Junior Venture Partner Product to help us develop and roll-out our capacity growth support to start-ups founders in Africa. This is a technical product role; we’re looking for someone who has
a technical background (i.e. computer science etc.) applied to product management.
What you’ll do:
● Play an active role managing and supporting start-ups within our portfolio, blending project management, strategy consulting, product and growth hacking principles; work alongside founders remotely and in-market to help grow their businesses. You will specifically work closely with our portfolio companies on the following:
Product and Business Analysis:
● Identify and unlock opportunities in key growth areas of focus, including user acquisition, activation, retention, monetization, international, and mobile growth.
● Partner with engineers, designers, and product managers in the growth team, bringing data and analysis to help guide day-to-day decision making.
● Support engineers in making technical decisions on database management while accounting for relevant constraints.
● Strong technology background with some experience working on technical
● Understand and distill large complex data sets into key learnings, actionable insights, and experiment recommendations.
● Collaborate with the user research team to balance quantitative data with qualitative data where appropriate.
● Effectively visualize, share and communicate key takeaways from experiments and analysis within the team and across the organization.
● Audit code bases and data structures with the intent to support scalable technology.
Product Growth and Experimentation:
● Partner with product, design and engineering to design, build and implement experiments that test hypotheses informed by data.
● Use growth levers from analysis through learning and iteration to achieve measurable impact, actively monitoring, proactively driving and discovering opportunities, and investigating shifts in key business trends.
● Research and support ideation, brainstorming, and prioritization process with quantitative data (quantify, qualify opportunities, impact assessment, sizing, etc).
● Analyze and report on experiment results to determine outcomes and findings for future experiments and iterations.
● Research, identify and develop investment opportunities; analyse and evaluate start-up founders and their businesses; create and pitch investment proposals to our investment committee.
What we’re looking for:
● 3+ years of experience with product optimization or growth methodologies.
● Consistent track record in using quantitative analysis to drive product and/or business decisions.
● Experience supporting senior team members and contributing to multiple product visions.
● Preferably a quantitative engineering background (computer science, engineering, economics, finance).
● Strong communication and presentation abilities. Comfortable communicating, discussing, and debating insights with leaders within the start-ups.
● You’ve worked in a start-up or, even better, have started your own business.
● You have a demonstrable passion for Africa, technology and entrepreneurship.
● You’re a people person, capable of identifying, nurturing and amplifying the potential in others.
● You’re an excellent communicator and are fluent in English, with bonus points if you also speak French or Portuguese.
● You are always learning and constantly challenging yourself and others around you to be better.
Our nice to haves:
● Experience working with remote teams and stakeholders
● Experience with Pricing and Promotion management solutions
● Experience in database management
● Have lived or worked in any of our key markets across Africa.
For the right candidate, we offer a competitive salary; an opportunity to work with inspirational start-up founders on a day-to-day basis; and genuine responsibility and ownership to shape the strategy and direction of our business and your own personal and professional development.
Deadline is 30th June, 2021