Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Baobab Network is looking for a new Venture Partner to
join our team.
Company: The Baobab Network
Title: Venture Partner Growth/BD
Location: Nairobi, Kenya; Up to 20-25% travel.
The Baobab Network is an accelerator that invests in Africa’s boldest tech entrepreneurs. We support incredible tech founders across Africa to grow and scale truly awesome businesses. We build strategic partnerships with investors and corporates across the world, many of whom have already backed some of the world’s biggest technology companies. We also provide industry leading insight and data to help keep our partners informed on key market developments and trends. Come and join an ambitious and creative team reinventing early stage VC in Africa. We’re dedicated to identifying, investing in and accelerating Africa’s hottest tech start-ups, while helping to develop the tech ecosystem and drive innovation across the African continent.
We have ambitious plans on the next step of our journey developing the leading early-stage investor for frontier markets, and are seeking a Venture Partner Growth/BD to help us develop and roll-out our capacity growth support to start-ups founders in Africa. This role is for someone that can work with pure tech start-ups (i.e. Saas) but also with more traditional tech start-ups where perhaps end customers are not as digital savvy to drive business growth.
What you’ll do:
● Play an active role managing and supporting start-ups within our portfolio, blending project management, strategy consulting, business development and growth hacking principles; work alongside founders remotely and in-market to
help grow their businesses. You will specifically work closely with our portfolio companies on the following:
● Work with our internal team to establish growth and expansion strategies to support our portfolio’s companies growth and fill in opportunity gaps.
● Research structures to figure out new markets, expansion strategies.
● Help startups conduct customer discovery interviews and segment their audiences.
● Propose and develop product-led growth hacks like optimising new user onboarding or conversion funnel.
● Setup, manage and coach startups on running social media campaigns i.e paid ads on Facebook, Google, LinkedIn and other social media channels
● Create, manage and experiment with new user acquisition campaigns and tactics.
● Supply the management team with reports and data on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities and potential for new products and services.
● Create, manage and experiment with new user acquisition campaigns.
● Analyze data to monitor revenue performance and uncover areas for improvement.
● Identify and unlock business opportunities for growth by supporting start-ups’ effort in understanding market positions, improve their negotiations strategies.
● Coordinate with their sales teams to develop beneficial business proposals
● Gather useful information from customer and competitor data.
● Help them in making and giving presentations to prospective clients as well as drafting partnerships proposals.
● Research, identify and develop investment opportunities; analyse and evaluate start-up founders and their businesses; create and pitch investment proposals to our investment committee.
● Work with a cross functional team of Data, Product, Growth, Engineer, Finance specialists to support growth and scaling strategies for our start-ups portfolio.
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in a growth / business development / partnerships role in start-ups.
- You must be a blend between an analytical and creative person.
- Analytical mindset to drive user growth, engagement and conversion.
- Solid project management skills: ability to collaborate with cross-functional partners.
- Strong communication and presentation abilities. Comfortable communicating, discussing, and debating insights with leaders within the start-ups.
- You’ve worked in a start-up or, even better, have started your own business
- You have a demonstrable passion for Africa, technology and entrepreneurship.
- You’re a people person, capable of identifying, nurturing and amplifying the potential in others.
- You’re an excellent communicator and are fluent in English, with bonus points if
you also speak French or Portuguese.
- You are always learning and constantly challenging yourself and others around you to be better. Our nice to haves:
- Product driven growth experience with landing pages, signup funnel optimisation,
viral sharing flows etc.
- Basic knowledge of HTML, CSS, Google Analytics, Mailchimp, Sendgrid, Hootsuite or other related marketing tools.
- Experience with Pricing and Promotion management solutions
- Have lived or worked in any of our key markets across Africa. For the right candidate, we offer a competitive salary; an opportunity to work with inspirational start-up founders on a day-to-day basis; and genuine responsibility and ownership to shape the strategy and direction of our business and your own personal and professional development
Deadline is 30th June, 2021