Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Flare is a fast-growing tech startup building the emergency response of the future. Our 24-hour rescue.co Dispatch Centre provides life-saving services to hundreds of thousands of Kenyans and our platform powers emergency response for SOS and EMS applications.
Our vision is that no matter where you are, or who you are, emergency response is only minutes away. Over the last four years, we’ve built and deployed a lifesaving platform and assembled the largest network of ambulances and first responders in East Africa. Our platform has reduced response times by more than 80% and saved thousands of lives from previously impossible situations. We are expanding our operations and looking for passionate, hardworking, and effective team members to spearhead this next phase of growth.
The team: We are 30+ business & ops specialists, software engineers, and emergency dispatchers based in Nairobi and operating throughout Kenya. We are a goal-driven and results-oriented team focused on continuous improvement of our technologies and dispatch operations. We value agility, grit, and innovation.
Who you are: Do you have an analytical mind and strong coding skills? We are looking for an Analytics Engineer who will help us turn data into insights and help us deliver our rapid emergency response system to more people around the world. Your responsibilities will include the design and infrastructure of what data we collect, how we collect and maintain quality datasets, where we store it and how we action it. You need to have a strong analytical skill set, an understanding of analytic workstreams and the ability to work with complex datasets. You will need to bring engineering best practices and rigor to build robust systems and processes.
What you’ll be doing: In this role, you will be an expert in all things Flare data. As such, your work can be categorised into:
- Informing strategy: Your ability to extract insights from structured and unstructured data will be critical in informing the business’ growth and expansion strategy. This will involve proactively identifying trends and opportunities for growth.
- Analysis and Reporting: You will maintain and improve existing datasets and reports, identify gaps and create new ones for various internal and external stakeholders including clients and investors. You will also fulfil ad-hoc data requests from the team.
- Data modelling: You will design and implement infrastructure to collect, store and analyse new datasets. You will also be tasked with maintaining and improving existing systems.
- Building integrations and automations: You will need the know-how to integrate existing tools or create new tools to make your work faster, more efficient and accurate.
Basic requirements for the role:
- At least 3-4 years experience working in data.
- Advanced quantitative and qualitative problem solving skills. You will be tasked with a large variety of internal and external problems to solve. You will need to be able to digest large quantities of information quickly and work out a well-structured and methodical response.
- Strong attention to detail and know how to pick out trends.
- Strong programming skills in at least one language; Python or R preferred.
- Experience working with visualisation tools; Tableau preferred.
- Solid knowledge of DBMS especially relational i.e. SQL. Our major datasets are stored on Postgres.
- A working knowledge of statistics.
- Strong presentation and communication skills. You should be able to condense data insights into simple and easy to understand findings for internal and external reporting.
- Excellent team-player. Your work will involve interacting with members from all teams in the organization.
- Strong foundation of software development best practices
Things that make you stand-out:
- You have experience working in a data role at a high growth startup.
- You have experience working with AWS.
- You have experience building ML and statistical models.
Use the button below to submit your application. Please include the following:
- Your CV. 1 page only, must be in PDF form. We will not consider those that are in other formats. Make sure to highlight the most relevant positions, projects and other initiatives, pointing out specifics and achievements that you think we should know about.
- Where a cover letter is requested, answers to the following questions. We will not consider applications that don’t answer these questions:
- What’s the biggest/most important problem you’ve solved with data? Why was that problem important? How did you go about solving it, and why did you go with that solution? (max 500 words)
- How many ambulances are needed in Kenya? Explain your solution (max 500 words)