Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
A high impact digital financial services company, scaling rapidly across the continent is looking to appoint a world-class CFO to join their lean team of experts. As they grow their customer base, enter new geographies, onboard new corporate channel partners, expand their business lines and roll out new products at a very rapid pace. Their CFO would be a trusted partner and advisor to the CEO and senior management with the ability to provide commercial insights and advise with regards to any business decision and corporate development projects.
Their CFO is a key member of the executive leadership team with full responsibility of the company’s financial performance and capabilities. This will include short- and long-term structured finance, strategic planning, budgeting and forecasting, debt and cash flow management, fundraising, process improvements and compliance.
Reporting into the CEO, and dealing extensively with the Board, investors and funding partners, you will be responsible for bringing in a data-led, highly analytical approach to the business, bringing in fit-for-purpose SaaS metrics and ensuring the business tracks against forecast.
- Oversee Finance, Treasury and Commercial
- Oversee a system of robust internal controls over daily finance processes (including revenue & cost monitoring, merchant settlements, bank reconciliations, accounts receivable, accounts payable, daily cash movements, payroll and employee benefits)
- Group/Subsidiary account consolidation
- Structured finance, cash flow management
- Production of monthly Board Packs and Management Accounts
- Organise quarterly strategic business reviews and monthly performance reviews
- Analysis of financial data and communicate this effectively to the rest of the management team
- Leading budgeting process
- Leading fundraising efforts
- Develop plans for financial growth
- Manage relationships with banks, lenders and investors
- Managing the customer journey from inception through to deliver
- Manage the budgeting process and general long-term financial planning (including cash flow forecasting)
- Coordinate financial reporting efforts to ensure timely and accurate production of monthly financial results across all entities in multiple jurisdictions
- Liaise with external Auditors for annual financial audits and preparation of consolidated financial statements
- Build and run their treasury operations as they expand to new countries and add new currencies – this includes minimising risk from currency devaluations via hedging etc
- Support compliance team to ensure they conform with regulatory requirements
- Ensure all tax filings across all jurisdictions are met
- Build relationships with existing and prospective bank partners to optimise processing costs and financing facilities (including overdrafts)
Mandatory Requirements / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in accounting or finance
- In-depth understanding of multiple currencies
- Qualified accountant (e.g., CFA, CPA etc)
- 8+ years of relevant experience in a senior accounting or finance position in the FinTech/finance space
- Mastery of US GAAP and IFRS accounting standards
- Experience managing finance and accounting functions
- Goal-oriented leader, capable of working with small teams in a fast-moving, start-up environment
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel