Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Group Tax Manager
The continent’s most successful and fastest-growing payments company is looking to add a talented and experienced Group Tax Manager to their team.
Since identifying a gap in the African online payments landscape, they have rapidly led the online payments industry into centre stage – turning online transactions into a preferred choice of conducting business across all industries. Growing from being predominantly an East African payments service provider they are now the biggest pan African PSP with a footprint in over 18 African countries! (Including SA)
By constantly implementing advanced and innovative payment technologies and by providing the highest security levels they have truly enabled their customers to have the freedom to pay and get paid anywhere, anytime!!
The Group Tax Manager is responsible for the production of the group tax strategy, tax compliance and implementing structures and processes to ensure accurate and timely tax management for the Group which spans 19 countries. The role is responsible for reporting on all tax-related matters, strategy and transfer pricing within a broader tax team that sits within a listed group.
People are their most important asset, and they invest a great deal of time and resources in training and developing each and every person within the business to help them achieve great results. The ideal candidate will come with in-depth experience, working across multiple countries, a great grasp of the ever-changing FinTech space and a superb can-do attitude.
- Develop the overall tax strategy for the Group on a local entity and global Group level
- Implement structures to ensure tax compliance
- Review the Group transfer pricing policy and develop it as required to meet local and global tax authority standards
- Implement reporting structures to effectively communicate tax risks and mitigating factors on an ongoing basis to the Group executive team
Tax management and compliance:
- Oversee the management and review of corporate tax compliance, tax provision and implementation and transfer pricing strategy
- Manage a Pan-African team of tax consultants – engage and manage relationships with external tax advisors to complement internal know-how
- Responsible for overseeing, designing and improving the local tax accounting and compliance process across 19 subsidiaries
- Develop strong working relationships with business, finance, and compliance leadership across the organization to collaborate on significant tax matters affecting the operations
- Review relevant tax filings for completeness and technical accuracy including proper disclosures
- Active management of relevant group tax filings, enquiries & third-party relationship management where applicable
- Ensure all statutory entities VAT/Corporate Tax/PAYE/WHT accounts are reconciled by the finance team and audit reconciliations for accuracy
- Oversee tax operations in areas of compliance, cash management, tax provisioning and audits
- Actively engage in financial reporting processes and advise on the impact of transactions
- Review sales and legal agreements to ensure tax requirements for subsidiaries are met
- Actively advise management on the tax position of Group and its subsidiaries and related developments
- Ensure transfer pricing compliance for the Group subsidiaries including timely reporting, compliance with Group policies and compliance with relevant transfer pricing regulations and emerging trends
- Monthly reporting on tax compliance status, potential risks and ongoing developments to the Group CFO
- Monthly tax tracker to monitor all Group subsidiaries
- Monthly report on tax compliance to the Group executive team
- Reporting as required by various local tax authorities
Experience & Knowledge:
- Tax degree and financial degree
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in finance and tax, with 5+ years in pure tax capacity, preferably in a listed environment or Pan-African multinational
- Strong overall tax knowledge, specifically in East Africa,
- Experience in application of transfer pricing guidelines and regulations in a multinational environment
- Experience in managing tax audits, ruling negotiations and litigation
- Strong track record of successfully managing tax departments with multiple subsidiaries across Africa
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent work ethic, flexible and resilient
- Inspires confidence and create trust
- Problem solver that embraces daily challenges
- Strong time management with key attention to detail