Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The continent’s fastest expanding, private equity-backed FinTech is looking to add a talented and experienced Group Treasury Manager to their team.
Since identifying a gap in the African online payments landscape, they have rapidly led the online payments industry into centre stage – turning online transactions into a preferred choice of conducting business across all industries. Growing from being predominantly an East African payments service provider they are now the biggest pan African PSP with a footprint in over 18 African countries (Including SA)
By constantly implementing advanced and innovative payment technologies and by providing the highest security levels they have truly enabled their customers to have the freedom to pay and get paid anywhere, anytime!!
The Group Treasury Manager is responsible for the development, implementation and continuous enhancement of the group treasury strategy. This includes efficient cash management controls, security and access, FX conversion management, intergroup cash management, cash flow forecasts and planning for the various countries the Group has a presence in. The role is responsible for reporting on all treasury and related matters, controls and snapshot/cash forecasts within a broader treasury team which sits within a listed group.
People are their most important asset, and they invest a great deal of time and resources in training and developing each and every person within the business to help them achieve great results. The ideal candidate will come with in-depth experience, working across multiple countries, a great grasp of the ever-changing FinTech space and a superb can-do attitude.
- Develop the overall treasury strategy for the Group on a local entity and global Group level
- Implement structures to ensure efficient and secure cash management across banks, MNO’s and e-wallets
- Develop a Group treasury management policy and refine it as required to meet local restrictions on the movement of local and foreign currency
- Implement reporting structures to effectively communicate cash status, cash forecasts and provide near real time views of cash resources across the Group
- Responsible for overseeing, designing and improving the treasury management and compliance process across 19 subsidiaries within the Group
- Implement security and access controls to ensure safeguarding of cash
- Implement process to reduce currency and conversion risk
- Review current settlement process for various countries, analyse and propose improvements
- Implement a global treasury dashboard to allow automated cash balances updates
- Management of treasury team, and coordinating with various departments within the finance division
- Develop strong working relationships with business, finance and operation leadership across the organization to collaborate on treasury matters affecting the operations
- Engage with internal audit to review ongoing processes to ensure integrity of processes
- Actively engage in financial reporting processes and advise on the cost impact of processing, settlements and conversions
- Review processing setups for merchants relative to settlement setup and report on exceptions and inefficiencies to the CFO and COO
- Monthly treasury report, consisting of cash flow forecast (operational and merchant), cash status, updates on projects and exception reports to the Group CFO
- Bi-weekly cash status on all the Group subsidiaries – this will need to evolve to a daily automated report
- Monthly report on costs relating to processing, settlements and conversion, broken down per country and comparing to previous month/year and budget with proposed improvements
- Reporting as required by the executive committee
Experience & Knowledge:
- Financial degree and a background of continuous learning
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in finance and treasury, with 3+ years in pure treasury capacity, preferably in a listed environment or Pan-African multinational
- Strong overall financial and treasury knowledge, specifically treasury knowledge dealing with limitations on cross border transfers and local restrictions (South Africa/Nigeria/Tanzania as examples)
- Experience in implementing treasury processes, systems and building out departments
- Experience in managing complex treasury systems spanning multiple legal jurisdictions
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent work ethic, flexible and resilient
- Inspires confidence and create trust
- Pro-active problem solver that embraces daily challenges
- Strong time management with key attention to detail