Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
A Payments Accelerator backed by some heavy weight funding is looking for a Technical Payments Specialist to join their innovative team who are on their way to making a massive impact on financial inclusion across the continent.
The Payments Accelerator has formulated its strategy of incubating, designing, and facilitating real time payments platforms in Africa. With a mission to accelerate universal financial access on the continent by supporting deployment of inclusive payment systems they focus on indicatives that are L1P aligned for pro poor, real time retail payment systems, for financial inclusion. This is a chance to use your expertise to help them achieve their goal of reaching 150 million unbanked adults.
Their approach focuses on accelerating the development of inclusive digital retail payment platforms at country level, with governments and private sectors with the specific aim of reducing the digital divide and to empower Africans.
Their Technology Payments Specialist will come with strong expertise in the technical and technological aspects of the national payments systems, regulation of open payment systems, capacity building of digital financial service providers on integration requirements and participation rules, regulation around fintech innovation and open APIs.
The Technology Payments Specialist will be responsible for the following key duties and responsibilities:
- Guide on how best to adhere to regulations governing participation and integration into the real time payment systems
- Advise and offer technical inputs in the design of use-cases (P2P, P2B, G2P and CICO payments) made possible by integrating into the real time payment systems
- Document technical inputs on the technological and regulatory specifications for Digital Financial service providers integration and create guide for interoperability integration
- Support strong communication between stakeholders such as instant payments infrastructure partners
- Ensure training is prepared and performed and customized to each East African country context
- Follow-up with partners to ensure training is relevant and appropriate
- Liaising with regulatory authorities and other relevant stakeholders in formulating standards meant to guide fintech integration and open APIs
- Strong knowledge of Financial Markets Infrastructure, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Experience working with central banks, payment aggregators and open payment system vendors on National Instant Payments Systems
- Track record in facilitating discussions or understanding rules and standards that determine how payment system are governed, managed, and operated
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing projects/ programs in the payments eco system, and around digital payments is mandatory
- Previous working experience in the East African region is required
- Ability to work with central banks, regulators, government and fintech’s on the regulation of new (fintech related) technologies and innovation
- Experience of carrying out feasibility studies or gap analysis assessments
- Ability to translate complex technical ideas to a non-technical audience both verbally and in writing
- Understanding of the need for sensitivity and confidentially of information involved in dealing with stakeholders
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Strong ability to communicate and function effectively in local/international/multicultural environment
- Excellent networking skills with a demonstrated ability to build and maintain professional relationships
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Project management skills
- Excellent PowerPoint and Excel skills
- High level planning, organizational and time management skills, including flexibility, attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure to meet challenging deadlines
- At least 5 years of experience working with central banks, payment aggregators and/or open Payment Infrastructure Partners on National Instant Payments Systems is mandatory
- Experience in developing and implementing projects/ programs in the payments ecosystem, and around digital payments is highly desired
- Experience with policy formulation and design/contribution to national payment strategies is highly desired
- Experience working with financial service providers and/or financial technology companies on payment integration and digital financial services is desired
- Experience supporting Digital financial service providers with open APIs is desired Language
- Excellent written and oral English is mandatory
- Knowledge of Kiswahili is desired