Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Who We Are:
Girl Effect is an international non-profit that builds media that girls want, trust and need.
From chat-bots to chat-shows and TV dramas to tech, our content is reaching millions of girls in Africa and Asia to make choices and changes in their lives. Igniting their confidence to act differently at a time that can define their future.
We create safe spaces for girls, sharing facts, and answering questions about health, nutrition, education, relationships and so much more. And we use innovative technology so we can reach girls at scale. We arm girls with the skills to negotiate and redefine what they are told is possible, so every girl can choose to be in control of her body, her health, her learning and livelihood.
When a girl unlocks her power to make different choices that change her life, it inspires others to do so too. She starts a ripple effect that impacts her family, her community, her country. That’s the Girl Effect.
Context of the role
Girl Effect has built a variety of digital products- websites, chatbots, IVR services and a suite of engagement and measurement tools which underpin them. We maintain our digital products with a centralized core infrastructure that was built and is maintained through a partnership with a nonprofit tech organization based in South Africa, Praekelt.org.
This role is part of an established digital team within Girl Effect that oversees two areas of work : management, maintenance and delivery of our core infrastructure backlog using agile practices and delivery of key digital innovations of the org such as AI driven Chat bots.
The right candidate will have a strong project management background with experience in Agile methodology and delivery of technology-based projects, ideally across diverse cultures and multiple (developing) countries. The Delivery Manager will be working with our technology partner in South Africa and Girl Effect’s digital brands to deliver the next phase of our digital roadmap and manage and deliver our backlog of new features and enhancements as well as various ad-hoc projects. The Delivery Manager should also be able to help us identify gaps in our structure and processes and help us refine our new team’s delivery tools and methods.
What you’ll do:
- Manage maintenance and delivery of Girl Effect’s technology infrastructure roadmap;
- Deliver and own the ‘new features and enhancements’ backlog;
- Support teams with scoping and delivery of various digital projects;
- Support in the development of detailed scopes of work and project plans; including budgets, timings plans, tech specs, briefs. etc;
- Monitor progress of work and make adjustments to scope and timings wherever necessary to ensure successful completion of the project;
- Work with the wider organisation to design efficiencies in our ways of working such as integrating PM tools, and support and training of staff on Agile practices.
- Keep track of the Digital team’s overall budgets, invoices, expenses in relation to the annual budget and agreed deliverables;
- Manage existing technology partners and help identify new partners and vendors as required;
- Support the Digital Product Director to manage the org-wide technology backlog including capturing and logging requests from the various teams.
Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 years of experience in project management; ideally with delivery of multilingual projects and technology infrastructure (hosting and data platforms, CMS, etc);
- Great understanding and documented experience of Agile methodology;
- Experience with software development processes, including requirements gathering, backlog management, sprint planning and prioritisation;
- Substantive working knowledge of CMS e.g. Wagtail, WordPress, Drupal, or other open-source technologies;
- Experience using Jira and Confluence to manage project delivery; ideally also working experience setting up boards, forms, epics, processes, etc;
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, or other analytics/insights tools and how to use data to influence decision making;
- Effective communicator and ability to synthesize and communicate complex theories, policies and multiple perspectives;
- Excellent ‘people skills’ working with a range of multicultural colleagues and clients;
- Creative thinker with the ability to contribute new ideas and suggestions;
- Excellent organisational and time management skills;
- Self-starter – confident and proactive in generating and leading new initiatives;
- Positive, energetic, can-do attitude;
- Adaptable – able to work in complex, unfamiliar and changing environments.
- Experience working in a digital agency or team;
- Agile methodology certification or solid experience in Agile delivery;
- Experience with delivery of technology infrastructure projects, especially using AWS, Spinnaker, docker containers, Redshift or other data platforms, etc;
- Experience with scoping and delivery of data platforms and visualisation tools
- Exposure to and understanding of GDPR and implications for organisations
- Experience working in a global setting, across multiple time zones and different cultures; ideally India, South East Asia and/or Africa;
- Interest in International Development and Girls’ Empowerment.
What else you should know
As we continue to scale and grow – we are hugely ambitious for our future and we are looking for people who are driven to change the world for girls.
Our teams are a diverse mix across sectors (non-profit and commercial) and specialisms (from Brand and Creative through to Gender and Insight). You’ll learn and grow in an environment that will challenge you to think and work with a fresh perspective. In turn, you can expect to work somewhere where you will be stretched and developed in your role, a place where you can build your career and work with talented, engaged people committed to our cause.
Girl Effect is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We are committed to building an organization that is increasingly representative of the communities that we serve. To this end, due regard will be paid to recruiting candidates with diverse professional, academic and cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all those we work with and for, especially children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment, uphold standards in our safeguarding policy and our code of conduct. In particular:
- To take reasonable steps to prevent any harm caused by Girl Effect
- To report any safeguarding concerns through the reporting pathways
This role is subject to a satisfactory police clearance/check.
This role is being recruited on a 12 month fixed term contract basis.
Closing date for applications: 29th June 2021