Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Our goal at Pawame is to support limitless opportunity through a foundation of safe, reliable, and affordable solar energy. Without access to power, participating in the modern digital world can be challenging and laborious. The Pawame team provides the energy-driven tools that individuals need to become successful students, entrepreneurs and global citizens. We like to think of ourselves as an electric foundation, and our team is what makes that possible.
About the roleThe purpose of this role is primarily to ensure strong, successful implementation of Pawame’s grant and other impact-related projects in order to maximize their benefit any associated concessional financing. The Grants and Impact Manager will report to the CFO and will also be the subject matter expert at Pawame for environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG), impact, grant and concessional funding, and will represent Pawame in engaging on this topic with external stakeholders.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Pawame successfully completes current grant-funded projects (KOSAP, EEP, SDG7 Results, MBEA)
Cross-functional project oversight for grant-funded projects:
- Project planning
- Donor relations
Pawame complies with all ESG requirements posed by lenders, investors, and grant providers
- Ensure ESG (environmental, social & corporate governance) best practice implementation within Sales, Logistics, Product, Corporate Development and Finance.
- Manage Pawame’s ESG (environmental, social & corporate governance) documentation.
- Provide ESG (environmental, social & corporate governance) reporting to donors, lenders and investors.
Pawame benefits from new grant and concessional funding opportunities
- Identify new opportunities for fundraising
- Supervise and coach Corporate Development Associate in grant proposal writing
- Lead and/or support concessional funding application processes
- Manage contracting processes with grant providers
- Set up projects emerging from successful applications.
Pawame implements an ambitious gender action plan
- Oversee implementation of Pawame’s gender action plan.
- Actively obtain external support for Pawame’s gender work (e.g. from Power Africa).
Pawame benefits from and participates in industry bodies (KEREA, GOGLA)
- Participate in relevant working groups and share information and resources from external bodies to Pawame stakeholders.
Key cross functions
SalesOverseeing implementation of results-based grant programs (i.e. ensuring sales targets are appropriately set and achieved).
- Collaborating with the Product Manager to provide support on the EEP-funded women farmers’ project.
- Identifying funding needs and opportunities for new product introduction.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university.
Preferred Education: Masters’ degree, MBA, or equivalent.
Any certification related to Gender, Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG), impact measurement or other relevant topics.
- 5 years of experience in the non-profit sector, social enterprise, or impact investment.
Preferred Experience: 5 years of experience in the non-profit sector, social enterprise, or impact investment in grant management, project management, and/or fundraising roles.
Technical attributes and competencies
- Strong writing skills, especially proposal writing.
- Strong data analysis and presentation skills.
- In-depth knowledge of at least one impact/ESG area (consumer protection, gender, e-waste, governance, impact measurement).
- Cross-functional project management skills.
- Strong communication skills.
Behavioral attributes and competencies
- Strong professional, proactive communicator.
- Maturity and confidence to represent Pawame to external stakeholders
- Ability to build capacity among the Pawame team in impact and ESG matters.
- Healthcare Insurance.
- Paid time off.
- Middle management training programs.
- Flexible working conditions.
- Subsidized meals at the Pawame Headquarters.
- Our values guide our work, and as a PawaTeam member, you’re expected to work with integrity, discipline and drive to serve our customers and build our community. Everyone from our interns to the founders contribute to our success in different ways and have meaningful opportunities to grow and learn in the company.
- With community being one of Pawame’s core values we foster an inclusive, collaborative culture that treats every individual with respect. Pawame welcomes applications for this position from all qualified applicants with pre-existing Kenyan work authorization. Women are especially encouraged to apply.