Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Senior Manager – Shared Services
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experience. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Tala is seeking an experienced leader to continue leading our Shared Services Team within the Customer Experience/Operations Guild. The primary responsibility of this role is ensuring operational excellence and providing quality assurance.
As Senior Manager of Shared Services, a key responsibility will be providing consistent support and resources to our Customer Experience Guild as they progress in their mission to delight our customers. In this role, you will be responsible for various support functions that include Quality Assurance, Training, Operations Analytics and Reporting,System Administration, Project management, Process Analysts and Workforce Management.
Your team will act as the first line of defense in controlling risk exposure for the teams.
Additionally, you will have direct responsibility for the various systems utilized by the CX Guild. Finally, through the reporting produced by your team, staffing models, improvement projects, and on-going training will be prioritized and executed within the CX Guild.
What you’ll do?
- Lead a cross-functional, high performing team responsible for supporting the Customer Experience Guild, and ultimately the company, meet their KPIs and goals using a data-first approach.
- Own and manage team staffing models through historical data and forecasting and meet regularly with CX Guild leaders to ensure optimal staffing coverage is met.
- Regularly partner with leadership across all functional customer-facing departments on key initiatives and pilots to drive efficiency and effectiveness as we scale..
- Identify root cause of issues impacting results of CX Guild Teams, communicate tradeoffs/risk for different solutions, and assist with the implementation of improvement programs.
- Act as a first line of defense in controlling risk exposure and deliver audit and due diligence support for internal support and partners.
- Drive value for Tala by enhancing the customer experience through continued CX Guild support, managing complexity, assessing risk, managing change, and balancing strategy and execution with the desired level of business performance.
- Manage production and employee development, while having a focus on optimization and increasing efficiency to support the company’s growth.
- Maintain high employee engagement and enhance team effectiveness, while ensuring performance management and employee development practices are implemented and followed.
- Foster an environment that encourages employee participation, teamwork and communication.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in financial operations management or relevant job related experience
- Experience developing staffing and budget projections and associate compensation and incentive programs
- Experience communicating with varied audiences: junior staff through executive
- Deep experience assessing and utilizing operational and customer data to identify performance gaps, drive improvement, highlight opportunities for future growth, and make management decisions
- Advanced Excel, SQL, Looker or other business analytics tools; experience in data modeling or database configuration
- Shown ability to work independently and lead day-to-day projects, and also being a strong teammate while working with cross-functional partners
- Comfort with ambiguity, a rapidly changing environment, and communicating assumptions & risks of decisions
- Ability to present and influence leadership and be able to communicate complex ideas effectively
In summary, you are expected to drive value for Tala by enhancing the customer experience through continued CX support, managing complexity, assessing risk, managing change, and balancing strategy and execution with the desired level of business performance. We are seeking individuals who are inspired by our mission, embody our company values, and have a passion and commitment to delivering an outstanding customer experience. Great candidates will have extensive experience leading operational teams, with strong analytical, organizational development/design, and hands-on operational management skills. In addition to customer service background, the candidate will have a strong understanding of the financial services industry, preferably in emerging markets. The person will need to roll up their sleeves to solve problems, have a deep sense of accountability for (and demonstrated experience delivering) results as well as the success and growth of the team.
The candidate will have experience in goal-setting and projecting growth, with a knack for cascading and communicating quantifiable, aggressive targets to the team. The Candidate is expected to be an excellent communicator and decision-maker, adept at ensuring a large, varied audience understands issues, context, tradeoffs between different solutions, and reasons for decisions.