Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
At Andela, we help engineering leaders at companies big and small bridge that gap. We are building tools, systems, and processes to connect talent, no matter where they live, with the opportunities to do great things. To date, we have identified 1,000+ software engineers from emerging markets and placed them as full-time, embedded members of development teams at over 200 tech companies. Along the way, we have raised $180M from Al Gore’s venture fund, Generation Partners, Google Ventures, Spark Capital, the Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative, and Serena Ventures.
And we are just getting started.
All of our people live and breathe our E.P.I.C values:
- Excellence: We are lifelong learners who strive for mastery of our craft
- Passion: We believe we are going to change the world and act accordingly
- Integrity: We choose extraordinary people and then trust them to do the right thing
- Collaboration: We know our sum is greater than our parts
About the Role:
Andela’s Enterprise Department is charged with delivering high quality and value software engineering services for our Enterprise clients.
Our core delivery model is embedding teams in charge of delivery digital products who are remote and distributed. As such, you’ll need to be an expert in enabling talented people to deliver their best, providing the support and quality control needed to help them through challenges, and developing the processes, protocols and procedures necessary to scale with our clients.
We are seeking seasoned engineering leaders who can support the process of connecting brilliant talent with opportunities at scale.
Your core stakeholders are Andela’s Clients and Talent and so you’re simultaneously the voice of each to various stakeholders. You are constantly asking yourself:
- How do I better ensure Andela Clients are wowed with the quality, engagement and productivity of their Andela teams?
- How do I better ensure that Andela’s teams are prepared, onboarded, supported, and continue to grow as they deliver for our clients?
- How do I work with Product/Tech teams at Andela in automating every task that helps our talent deliver value to Clients?
You are eager for the challenge of providing exceptional services. You have a high EQ and a strong moral compass in everything you do.
- Manage talent on Andela’s engagements, in a distributed environment, to deliver with excellence for Andela’s clients.
- Enforce best practices to ensure quality is delivered.
- Managing a portfolio of 6 – 8 enterprise clients, up to a team of 60 talent
- Work with Andela’s Product and Tech teams to automate Delivery management workflows and Talent performance review.
- Supporting the onboarding and offboarding of technical and non-technical(e.g. Business Analysts, Product Owners etc) talent on client engagements.
- Serving as the main technical escalation point and trusted collaborator for your clients, advising them on process improvements, working together to ensure that expectations are met, delivery is streamlined, and swift issue resolutions, should they occur.
- Generate monthly client engagement dashboards that highlight the key achievements of your engineering team(s).
- Be aware of all aspects of your engagement, including client company/team make-up, relevant stakeholders and members, existing products, process, pain-points, and when possible, the roadmap.
- Be prepared to work with Client Partners and Enterprise Sales Executives in creating proposals, delivering High end solutions as the Portfolio grows.
- Work with Enterprise Talent Partners to define the benchmarks for Assessment, Quality at an account level. Be accountable for both incoming and ongoing talent in your portfolio.
- Have a four-year degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field from an accredited university.
- A minimum of 5 years hands-on in a software engineering role.
- A minimum of 2 years in a technical leadership and/or engineering management role.
- Technical proficiency in at least one core language.
- A strong understanding of the software development lifecycle, modern environments and build pipelines, standards and best practices, and development tools.
- Experience leading remote Engineering delivery teams in software development, technology consulting, and/or software product management.
- Experience working in an agile environment, with a strong understanding of roles, processes, core metrics, and how to strategically increase team velocity.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership and management skills and can work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Scrum Master certification and/or PMP/PMI certification preferred.
- A deep commitment to Andela’s mission
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!