Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reporting to the Head, Trade Finance, the holder of the position will be responsible for growing the assigned trade finance client portfolio and maximizing business volumes and revenues while ensuring compliance with all internal procedures and operational controls.
- Grow Trade Finance business volumes and revenues, and manage assigned client portfolio, from the process of deal origination, structuring and credit approval to contracting and placement while ensuring that the process is efficient.
- Provide advisory services, as a product specialist, on trade finance solutions, transactions and services to clients, sales and credit colleagues and other relevant stakeholders.
- Prospect for ‘new to bank’ clients in conjunction with Relationship Managers and offer innovative and customised solutions.
- Champion the delivery of consistent, seamless and trusted customer service to ensure customer retention and loyalty.
- Participate in the preparation of account plans, covering all aspects of local and international trade finance, in concert with Relationship Managers.
- Enhance the uptake of KCB’s trade finance products and services by existing and new clients, through providing technical product expertise and conducting joint calls in partnership with relevant business units in the bank.
- Engage Relationship Managers and provide all product support needed for timely submission of quality credit proposals involving trade finance.
- Develop, in conjunction with the Senior Business Development Manager, implement and manage a range of innovative trade finance products and solutions so as to meet customer requirements and achieve business objectives.
- Provide and sustain assurance that the risks associated with Structured Trade Finance transactions in the assigned portfolio remain within approved appetite and are accurately captured in client term sheets.
- Ensure compliance to the Bank’s policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- University Degree preferably in a Business related field. A Master’s degree or professional qualifications in a relevant field preferably CPA/ ACCA / AKIB or Trade Finance certification will be an added advantage.
- Have at least 5 years’ management experience in Trade Finance with below responsibilities:
- Structured Trade Finance
- Experience in deal origination and execution
- Relationship Management and Customer Service
- Financial Analysis and Business Performance Management
- Credit Management
- Thorough knowledge of Corporate Banking & Trade Finance Products & Services with extensive Banking Industry knowledge.
- Deep understanding of Trade Finance Instruments
- Excellent interpersonal, and negotiation skills with the ability to network, generate new business and develop strong business relations.
- A good understanding of Risk, Compliance policies and procedures.
The above position is a demanding role for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our Recruitment portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Friday, 2nd July 2021
Qualified candidates with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
NB: In the event that you are invited to interview for any positions, we will require that you provide us with the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA Pin Card
- Birth Certificate of self
- Passport Photo (White Background)
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Police Clearance Certificate (less than 5 Months old)
- Academic and Professional certificates, including official transcripts
- Certificates of Service from previous employers as applicable