Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Nation Media Group seeks to recruit an experienced and self-motivated individual to the position of Editorial Research Editor in the Editorial department.
The job holder will be responsible for supporting the research initiatives to ensure that the Editorial news content is competitive, rich and comprehensive.
- Work to support research initiatives by the editorial staff and work with various desks to utilize the rich Nation Media Group archives;
- Generate story ideas based on our historical archives as follow ups;
- Maintain diary of key dates for features and documentary;
- Encourage use of archival content to generate story ideas;
- Lead collaborative projects which utilize the archives;
- Brief Editors on story angles, based on the archives;
- Help in back grounding stories;
- Support the research needs of the editorial department;
- Initiate anniversary-based projects;
- Assess the political, social and economic climate and recount similar events;
- Work with the Photographic desk in telling stories from our photo archives;
- Write for the website and other social platforms and promote our archival material in an engaging format.
A Bachelor’s degree in communications, history, political science or equivalent;At least five years’ experience in a reputable newsroom;Strong background in archival stories;Excellent writing skills and verbal communication in English and Kiswahili;Ability to multi-task and prioritize;Digital media experience will be an added advantage;
If you meet the above criteria, apply online at https://www.nationmedia.com/careers/ on or before June 28, 2021.
Note: We shall only contact the shortlisted applicants.