Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
REPORTING LINE: Financial Controller
WORKPLACE: Text Book Center HQ, Kijabe Street, Nairobi
We are therefore looking for a Stock Controller who will oversee inventory accuracy across multiple sites by managing the inventory reconciliation between the physical inventory across our warehouses and retail stores. This position will also work to establish and improve the end-to-end inventory management processes including transactional accountability, inventory counts, and discrepancy investigations.
The main goal in this position will be to drive our company towards a zero-loss culture through an intense daily focus on audit and improvement. The role holder will be tasked to develop business processes, tools, and analytics to support inventory audit activities that drive accountability, consistency, and execution.
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Collaborate with warehouse management to drive best practices in terms of receiving, shipping, and inventory management that support the achievement of inventory accuracy goals.
- · Responsible for overall inventory control and storage of materials, including reconciliation with data systems
- · Responsible for actual inventory counts and monitoring inventory levels; must be knowledgeable about inventory items to be counted, the counting procedures used, and location of all inventories.
- · Audit inventory transactions for accuracy and timeliness, ensuring a high level of inventory accuracy is maintained.
- · Facilitate formal problem solving, root cause analysis and the implementation of corrective actions for all inventory discrepancies or related process failures.
- · Capable of making recommendations and improvements to improve process effectiveness and efficiency.
- · Research transaction history to determine source of any inventory variances or location transfer errors.
- · Participate in setting up materials planning data and required information for new products.
- · Lead, coach and develop a team of stock control clerks.
- · Collaborates with cross functional teams and shifts to ensure training and knowledge of SOPs.
- · Develops specific metrics and KPI’s that provide the right insight into our inventory levels and accuracy.
- · Developing and implementing inventory control systems and practices.
- · Coordinating the logistics of purchase orders, stock transfers, deliveries, tagging, and processing.
- · Tracking inbound and outbound orders to prevent overstocking and out-of-stock (OOS).
- · Generating purchase and pricing reports and supply chain analysis.
- · Performing regular stock checks and reporting any issues to the line manager
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
● Bachelor’s degree in business with a strong preference in supply chain and materials management.
● 5+ years of management experience in inventory control and warehouse operations.
● 5+ years of experience in a complex, high-volume manufacturing and/or retail environment.
● 3+ years of experience in product life cycle management within a retail business.
● Lean Six Sigma Certification preferred, or experience with process improvement techniques such as Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma.
PERSONAL TRAITS & COMPETENCIES
Excellent business judgement, written and oral communication skills, and a practical, common sense approach to getting things done.
Ability to thrive in an environment where tactical and strategic activities are expected to be driven in parallel and outcomes to be presented to senior leadership.
Ability to maintain independence and demonstrate integrity, credibility, confidentiality, and responsibility in all member/client interactions
Effective analytical skills and critical thinking to understand processes, controls and risks of areas covered, identify root causes of issues, and recommend practical solutions
Strong team player with ability to work within diverse teams in diverse cultural environments.
Excellent written and verbal skills with demonstrated ability to clearly articulate issues and facilitate the definition and implementation of solutions.
Ability to speak truth to power and challenge the status quo, inquire, and understand issues quickly and constructively
How to apply
Please submit a letter of interest with your resume clearly indicating “Stock Controller” as email subject to email@example.com on or before 25th June 2021
This is a full-time, salaried position. Compensation will be based on qualifications and experience and will include a comprehensive benefits package