Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The World Food Programme Somalia activities include relief assistance, safety-net support including school feeding, nutrition programmes, and livelihood support through the provision of in-kind and cash-based transfers and capacity strengthening.
This position is open to qualified Kenyan candidates; female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews and assesses the security situation in Nairobi/Kenya and advises/briefs the Senior Field Security Officer (SFSO) on trends/situations that could affect WFP staff, facilities, and assets, and operations.
- Liaises and coordinates, with the host government security organizations, UNDSS, and relevant partners in Nairobi in responding to security incidents affecting WFP Somalia Liaison Office staff.
- Represent the WFP Somalia Liaison Office at technical security meetings and communicating information on security issues and reporting security incidents affecting WFP Somalia Liaison Office.
- In coordination with the Senior Field Security Officer, Regional Bureau Security Team, and Kenya Country Office Security Team, assist in the preparation, implementation, and review of the UN Security Plan.
- Assists in advising the Deputy Country Director in Nairobi on security risk management matters and safety issues in compliance with the United Nations Security Management System (UNSMS).
- Assists with the implementation and monitoring of required security measures, including Minimum Operational Security Standards (MOSS), as identified in the Security Risks.
- Management (SRM) process, for the WFP Somalia Liaison Office staff, dependents, premises, assets, and operations.
- Monitors and ensures that all access control procedures are effective and stringently followed by all staff and visitors, to maintain a safe and secure environment.
- Maintains liaison with and provides oversight of the private security guard force deployed to the WFP Somalia Liaison Office and staff residences.
Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certification in Security training.
Experience: Five (5) years or more of progressive work experience in security, risk or disaster or emergency areas with security responsibilities, in the public or private service areas, such as national security, military or police, or in a corporate environment is required.
Experience in the use of Microsoft applications i.e. Word, Excel Access, and PowerPoint is required.
Prior experience with the UN system or an international NGO is desirable.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Specialised knowledge of the application of practical methods, techniques, procedures, and systems used in security, typically gained through technical training and work experience.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of security logistics, security administration, risk assessment and co-ordination with local authorities and local law enforcement agencies.
- Training and experience in fire and related intervention/evacuation procedures.
- Ability to manage emergency situations and remain calm.
- Attention to detail and constant vigilance in order to promptly detect any breach in security measures.
- Ability to interpret information, use judgement and inform supervisors of any incidents which might impact the UNWFP staff and operations.
- Excellent communication skills in order to maintain frequent correspondence with both, internal staff and external authorities with regards to security advisories and security incidents.
Fluency (level C) in English language.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications through E-Recruitment.
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 5th July 2021
WFP seeks applicants of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
WFP is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Selection of candidates is made on a competitive basis.
Terms and Conditions
Contract Duration: 1 year (Initial)
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.