Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Program Officer – Health
Purpose of Position
To provide Programmatic and Technical support to field staffs implementing Maternal, Neonatal and Child health (MNCH) Project toward the attainment of child-well-being outcomes and donor requirements.
The position will also serve the role of Resource Acquisition for Health as well as Advocacy, Networking and Engagement with Strategic & New Partnerships Development within the Health sector as well as ensuring existing donor retention.
To effectively communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that serves as an example to others
Programmatic and technical support for MNCH 30%
- Provide strategic and technical support to implementation of health grants and sponsorship projects
- In liaison with field staff, ensure timely development and implementation of work plans and budgets for the health grants
- Ensure project implementation is in line with donor guidelines, timelines and targets
- Ensure all MNCH interventions are implemented within schedule, plans and budgets
- Ensure timely implementation and expenditure level reviews to track and manage work plans and budgets
- Provide programmatic support to WVK regional offices based on their need
- Oversee integration of MNCH into WASH interventions for increased impact
- Maintain relationship with donors and respective Ministry of Health Divisions
- In liaison with procurement and finance ensure timely procurement of program items
- Support Health interventions during emergencies.
Quality assurance for programmatic Designs, Assessments, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning processes 25%
- Ensure project work plans, progress reports are shared with donor as per approved agreement
- Provide technical support during Health Surveys/evaluations, baselines and assessment to ensure quality check with methodology, tools and the entire process.
- Ensure Health project designs and/ or re- designs are done in accordance with donor guidelines, standards, WV standards and Health programming strategies and GoK guidelines while responding to community needs and contexts.
- Ensure both financial and program reports are in line with donor policies and reporting guidelines and are submitted to the donor as per agreed timelines
- Provide technical support to ensure that findings from project assessments and evaluations inform the subsequent programme designs
- Coordinate implementation research within the various projects, documentations and publications
- Ensure project documentation, reflection and learning to ensure achievement of project objectives and shared with donor, MoH and other stakeholders.
- Facilitate establishment of an effective M&E system for the project by integrating/mainstreaming with existing systems including KHIS.
- Ensure ongoing monitoring of health projects using the set standards and utilization of MOH tools.
- Ensure proper, adequate and quality record/document filing as per standard operating procedures including M-Drive repository
Fundraising and proposal development 20%
- Participate in engagement for fundraising purposes
- Participate in proposal writing as per call
- Strive to scale existing projects by enhancing every existing opportunity
- Support fundraising initiatives by providing information on Maternal, Neonatal and Child Health to the Resource Acquisition and Management department
Capacity Building 15%
- In collaboration with field staff and MOH carry out capacity assessment gaps and plan capacity building for project staff
- Capacity building of Project staff on integration of Maternal, Neonatal and Child Health Project activities
- Support induction of new project staff
- Work with County MOH to conduct training and support supervision to targeted groups on Maternal, Neonatal and Child Health projects empowerment and sustainability training sessions.
- Support Health team in analysing and interpreting Health data for programmatic use.
- Review and build capacity of project staff to ensure quality reporting
Donor and Partner Engagement 5%
- Lead constant, consistent and quality donor communications, engagement and updates
- Ensure WVK visibility and participation in the respective Technical working groups, Interagency Coordinating Committees and other networks at National level.
- Maintain coordination with relevant stakeholders who are crucial in the implementation of the projects
- Ensure documentation and project learning are disseminated to relevant stakeholders
Other duties 5%
Perform any other duty as may be assigned by supervisor or designee from time to time
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree (Public Health, Nursing, Clinical medicine, Community health or related field.
- A Master’s degree in relevant field is an added advantage
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of successfully designing, implementing, monitoring and evaluation of Maternal Neonatal and Child health in development projects.
- Experience on specific MNCH that may include but not limited to EPI, FP, Malaria, HIV&AIDS and TB
- Experience with Kenya Health Information System is an added advantage
- Additional training in monitoring and evaluation of health projects will be an added advantage;
- First-hand experience health programming in complex emergencies is an added advantage
- Good understanding of Ministry of Health Structures at National and County levels.
- Experience implementing Maternal, Newborn and Child Health Interventions
- Significant experience working with an NGO environment, community and people’s groups, state institutions etc.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to take initiative and work under minimum supervision
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure
- Sensitive to multi-cultural differences
- Energetic and positive attitude with strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communications skills and understanding of knowledge management approaches and mechanisms
- Excellent presentation skills
- Flexible, team player and result oriented