Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Action Against Hunger-Horn and Eastern Africa is part of the Action Against Hunger International network, which provides humanitarian relief in over 40 countries worldwide in the sectors of nutrition, health, water/sanitation, and food security. Action Against Hunger Horn and Eastern Africa is an independent NGO, currently managing operations in Kenya, South Sudan, Somalia, Tanzania, Ethiopia and Uganda. Action Against Hunger-USA has over $60 million in programs, and approximately 2000 staff based in New York City, Washington D.C, Nairobi, and country offices. Additional growth is anticipated.Summary of position
As a member of the Action Against Hunger Horn and Eastern Africa Regional Team, the Regional Nutrition and Health Manager, will support the implementation of health interventions, and be part of the broader nutrition and health initiatives at the regional level.
The Regional Nutrition and Health Manager provides technical and operational guidance to the health programs in the Action Against Hunger regional office. S/He will oversee engagement and delivery including:
- Provide technical and operational support on health-related aspects for improved nutrition outcomes.
- Contribute to learning, capitalization and uptake of Action Against Hunger programming and experiences.
- Work alongside and capacitate nutrition and health actors to generate, analyze, and use data for ongoing health systems improvement
- The ongoing learning and development needs of the technical country coordinators and assists in providing or supporting their professional development.
- Provide nutrition and health operational support to country teams to ensure application of project cycle management from conception to evaluation.
- Provide technical support to country teams on existing or proposed programmes to ensure relevance, impact, sustainability and quality of the intervention.
- Ensure adherence and appropriate management of medical products and supplies in country to include quality control, quantification guidance, and procurement.
- Provide technical support on priority health systems strengthening and/or health financing needs around UHC implementation.
- With the country program teams, identify innovation and research opportunities.
- Provide relevant technical surge support as needed.
- Technical supervisory line as needed to identified nutrition and health focal.
Gender Equality commitments
- Foster an environment that supports values of women and men, and equal access to information.
- Provide a work environment where women and men must be evaluated and promoted based on their skills and performance
- Respect beneficiaries’ women, men, boys and girls regardless of gender, sex orientation, disability, religion, race, color, ancestry, national origin, age or marital status,
- Value and respect all cultures.
- Action Against Hunger holds strict Safeguarding principles and has zero-tolerance for conducts of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse in the workplace and other places where the organization’s activities are rendered. Parallel to technical competence, recruitment, selection and hiring decisions will give due emphasize to assessing candidates value congruence and thorough background checks, police clearance reference check processes.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit for long periods and to concentrate on work, including typing, and turn out heavy volumes of work accurately, within short time frames under stressful situations in the context of a moderately noisy office with many interruptions. Must be able to proofread own work accurately so that only minor corrections are needed on an infrequent basis.
- To travel to the field, the employee must attest to a level of physical fitness capable of enduring physically difficult, highly stressful situations, which may include the necessity to walk long distances, to eat a limited diet and/or to reside in potentially uncomfortable housing or tents.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Working Conditions, Travel and Environment
- The duties of the job require regular job attendance at least five days per week. Must be available to work outside normal office hours or on the weekends as required.
- Must be able to travel as required for standard domestic and international business purposes. While performing the duties of this job in the field, the employee may be exposed to precarious settings under high security risks and/or very basic living conditions and outside weather conditions, as well as infectious diseases.
- Masters in Nutrition, Public heath with 3 years’ experience, or a degree in Medicine, Pharmacy, Nursing, Nutrition, Public Health or related field with over six years’ experience in related field.
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience working in humanitarian contexts, emergency and post-crisis.
- Familiarity with all steps of the Project Cycle Management;
- Excellent knowledge of technical fields related to Health and Nutrition that includes excellent working knowledge of Health System Strengthening. Additional areas of expertise preferred include Primary Health Care, iCCM, C/IMAM (with emphasis on Public health).
- Applied knowledge of malnutrition causal framework, epidemiology, research, and behavior change preferred.
- Must possess strong organizational skills and be able to pay attention to writing and reviewing detailed proposals and reports, as well as preparing and editing technical guidelines and training materials.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills are essential
- Capacity to represent the organization within Action Against Hunger network and externally to other humanitarian actors, funding agencies and private donors.
- Genuine interest in and commitment to the humanitarian principles of Action Against Hunger
Action Against Hunger-USA provides all staff with an attractive salary & benefits package. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Action Against Hunger-USA complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.