Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Action Against Hunger-USA is part of the Action Against Hunger International network, which provides humanitarian relief in over 40 countries worldwide in the sectors of nutrition, health, water/sanitation, and food security. Action Against Hunger-USA, an independent NGO, currently manages operations in 7 countries: Ethiopia, Haiti, Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda and Action Against Hunger-USA has over $60 million in programs, and approximately 1,600 permanent staff based in New York City, Washington D.C, Nairobi, and country offices. Additional growth is anticipated.
I. Summary of position
Under the overall guidance and supervision of Action Against Hunger Security Advisor (SA), the Security officer will support in implementation of Action Against Hunger- HEAR country program, field security operations and all matters relating to the management of safety and security operations, documentation that is not only limited to field assets and staff but also reputation and duty of care.
The Security officer will provide support to the SA in the Management and implementation of safety and security operations in Action Against Hunger- HEAR and ensure process integrity in all areas including Risk identification, data Management, reporting and documentation.
The Security officer will closely collaborate with Security Advisor for technical guidance. He/she will interact with Action Against Hunger sector coordinators at regional level, Security focal point staff at country level, and with external stakeholders as needed.
Consistently identify, collect, update and delivery of timely and quality security information to Countries and other stakeholders using established processes and tools. Summary of position
KEY ACTIVITIES IN YOUR ROLE WILL INCLUDE
1. Collecting, updating and communicating information regarding the security situation in Action Against Hunger- HEARO countries of Operations:
- Liaises and coordinates, as appropriate, through SA, with base and country Security focal points and host interlocutors, security organizations and/or personnel, including local authorities, as well as non-governmental organizations and other non-State actors in the area of Action Against Hunger field operation;
- Together with the SA Monitor security operation situation at bases and sub bases and ensures adequate gathering and verification of security information required for a proper context analysis of situation led by the SA;
- Communicates information on minimum security assessments (MSA) through SA to base and FCOs and provides host country security advice to base in the absence of the SA, as required;
- Maintains regular contacts with SA, base security Focal Points of Action Against Hunger in following up context evolution;
- May be requested to provide technical assistance at general HEARO SMT meetings, in the absence of the SA.
- maintaining NHF updated Security Plans, including updating all country and base security focal points and interlocutor lists:
- Preparation and review of the all documentations for SRAs and Security Plan;
- Supports actions during implementation of the Security Plan, as required.
3. Support the SA in monitoring compliance with the arrangements of the Minimum Security Standards (MSS) established for the AR ad of the developments thereof.
4. Support in reporting contextual and Action Against Hunger specific security incidents affecting Action Against Hunger- HEARO staff, base offices and assets, and assists in preparation of quarterly and annual security reports, such as the Security Incident Report, the Security Risk Assessments, Training reports.
5. Provides support in organizing and conducting Safety & Security training courses on security awareness and preparedness, and providing security orientation to newly assigned staff members as directed by SA. Conducts security briefings, as required.
6. Performs other security-related tasks assigned by the SA:
- Provides support in conducting security evaluations and provides advice on security measures for Action Against Hunger base buildings, residences (Residential Security Measures – RSM) of Action Against Hunger staff, as well as on latest trends and threats to staff safety and security;
- Assists SA in establishes and maintaining warden system and keeps update of information related to Action Against Hunger offices and residences fire drill OPS;
- Maintains liaison with INGOs, Security Service Providers and other INGOs for Action Against Hunger Hearo security in field areas.
Gender Equality commitments & Zero Tolerance to Abuse
- Foster an environment that reinforces values of women and men, and equal access to information.
- Provide a work environment where women and men must be evaluated and promoted based on their skills and performance.
- Promote a safe, secure, and respectful environment for all stakeholders, particularly for children, beneficiaries, and members of staff.
- Help to prevent any type of abuse including workplace harassment and sexual abuse and exploitation.
- Respect beneficiaries’ women, men, children (boys and girls) regardless of gender, sex orientation, disability, religion, race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, or marital status.
- Value and respect all cultures.
- Action Against Hunger holds strict Safeguarding principles and has zero-tolerance for conducts of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse in the workplace and other places where the organization’s activities are rendered. Parallel to technical competence, recruitment, selection and hiring decisions will give due emphasize to assessing candidates value congruence and thorough background checks, police clearance reference check processes.
DO YOU MEET THE PROFILE REQUIRED CRITERIA ?
- Education: University Degree in security Management or any other related course
- Experience: Minimum 2 Years and above of hands on experience in security or related safety field of work is required. Prior experience with managing security plans and security risk assessment docs and or an INGO security support is desirable.
Other Skills and Requirements:
- Basic knowledge of humanitarian principles
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team.
- Detailed oriented and ability to manage multiple competing deadlines.
- Knowledge of host Kenya country safety and security protocols is desirable;
- Knowledge of HF and VHF radio operations
Action Against Hunger-USA provides all staff with an attractive salary & benefits package. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Action Against Hunger-USA complies with all applicable laws governing non discrimination in employment.