Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
Strategy and Design
- Define local Inventory policies, with focus on improving cash position by efficiently managing the inventory.
- Define replenishment process and methods (Visual View, Periodic View, Re-Order Point, Time-Phased Order Point)
- Continuously evaluate inventory policy in terms of safety stock and average coverage days. Make necessary improvements based on business updates.
- Defines the BOM (Bill of Material) and MRP (Material requirement planning) for Co-Packing activities.
- Ensure all planning parameters are correctly updated on planning systems.
- Drive Supply Planning activities to meet customer expectations in terms of Service Level while ensuring optimal stock holdings.
- Run monthly meetings with factory planners to review future forecast and supply constraints.
- Analyze business needs in terms of products and ensure their availability.
- Responsible for local inventory levels; balance between intended service level and optimal inventory holdings.
- Proactively identifying potential supply issues and working with key stakeholders to ensure that they are resolved.
- Place firm intercompany orders for local warehouse replenishment; follow up with factory planners until order is shipped.
- Ensure best possible container optimization on inbound orders, to keep Freight-In costs as low as possible.
- Keep track on Overstock and Slow-Moving items. Work with Sales and Marketing teams to propose actions to deplete them.
- Work closely with Marketing teams to ensure on-time availability on new products.
- Prepare co-packing planning and distribution planning for replenished terms
- Participate in local S&OP process.
- Oversee Inventory holdings along the region. Participate in short and medium term inventory planning
- Anticipate, communicate and bring solutions for products shortages on local DC.
- Measure Supply & Deliver performance ensuring and improving KPI targets
1. Key Performance Indicators
- Forecasting Accuracy, MAPE at different Lags.
- Intercompany Orders accuracy, MAPE at different Lags.
- Fill Rate Service Level, in value and volume.
- Inventory Holdings, absolute value and as % of Net Sales
- Slow Movers and Overstock.
- On Time New Products Launch.
Previous / Professional Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field.
- Minimum experience of 3 years’ experience with Supply Planning roles.
- Degree or Certification in Supply Chain, Engineering or any other technical-numerical field.
- Experience on multicultural environment desired.
Leadership and Personal Skills
- Embodies all the BIC Values & Behaviors: Simplicity, Ethics, Responsibility, Teamwork, and Ingenuity.
- Has effective communication skills, both at operational level and at managerial level.
- Strong team player and can empower the team to grow and be responsible for their own work.
- Process oriented, solution driven and a continuous improvement mindset. Be able to perform in a Lean organization.
- Strong organization and time management skills. Efficient and can prioritize workload.
- Demonstrates ability to make accurate and timely decisions.
- Is customer oriented. Plans stock arrivals in order to respect the agreed customer service level.
- Process Oriented. Ability to continuously improve a supply chain and manage complex customer needs.
- Has advanced capacity to solve problems, analyze data and to recall and apply information.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills.
- Hands-on in line with BIC culture, can handle various tasks with humility and business drive.
- Engages in career development by identifying occupational interests, strengths, options and opportunities. make insightful career planning decisions based on integration and feedback; seek out additional training to pursue career goals.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, across disciplines and throughout different levels of the organization.
- Solution driven with the willingness and ability to implement innovative ideas and improve working methodologies. Able to breakdown complex issues into simple components and build/implement required action plans.
Knowledge and Competences
- Knowledge on inventory planning systems (e.g. JDA)
- Knowledge on basic inventory planning parameters such as Lead Time, Safety Stock, average coverage days and inventory turnover.
- Understands lead times from different sources and its impact in the supply schedule.
- Understands the product lifecycle and its supply impact.
- Knowledge of ERP system (e.g. JDE). Advanced excel.
- Accurately budgets inventory holdings.
- Develops best sourcing strategies and risk management strategies.
- Advanced management of co-packing module and inventory module in local ERP system
- Shows knowledge on Project Management: understands the methodology for planning, organizing and managing resources to achieve a project goal.
- Local Planning software advanced knowledge (normally GPS and ICO process).
- Manages risks; counts with alternative plans for the strategic activities of the department.
- Is creative; challenge the status quo.
- Technical savvy
BIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly commit to hiring people with different backgrounds and experiences to help us build better products, make better decisions, and better serve our customers. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status, or similar characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
BIC is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any team member at BIC via email, or directly to a BIC team member in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of BIC, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BIC as a result of the referral or through other means.