Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER – EXPORT PROCESSING ZONES AUTHORITY
Export Processing Zones Authority is a State Corporation established by the Government of Kenya through an Act of Parliament – the Export Processing Zones Act (Cap 517 of the Laws of Kenya) for the promotion and facilitation of export-oriented investments and for the development of an enabling environment for such investments.
The Authority is seeking to recruit a competent and visionary Chief Executive Officer who, together with the Board of Directors will provide leadership and steer the Agency towards attaining its mandate, mission, and vision.
The Chief Executive Officer will report to the Board of Directors and will be responsible for providing effective strategic leadership by guiding the operations of the Authority on day to day basis as well as implementing activities in accordance with the Law, Government Regulations and the guidance provided by the Board from time to time. Appointment to this position will be on a three-year contract renewable once subject to satisfactory performance.
- Provide Strategic Leadership, general supervision, and management of the Authority on a day-to-day basis in accordance with the plans and policies approved by the Board to ensure achievement of EPZA strategic objectives.
- Provide organizational leadership and Vision in developing and recommending to the Board the strategy and annual business plans for EPZA; providing regular, thorough and prompt communication to the Board on key technical, financial and administrative matters;
- Serving as a link between the Board and the management;
Strategic and corporate planning and reporting
- Managing emerging issues, risks and opportunities to ensure that the Authority continues to deliver strong results and achieves desired outcomes
- Ensuring that EPZA has an effective management structure, build capabilities of EPZA management and staff to ensure that the Authority is properly capacitated to deliver on is mandate and objectives and that staff are empowered and mentored;
- Advise the Board on matters of policy, planning and priorities and other issues that are fundamental to the mission and direction of the Authority, including implementation of proposed new initiatives and potential impacts for government, clients, partners, and other stakeholders.
- Ensuring continuous improvement in the quality and value of services and products provided by the Authority;
- Be responsible for stakeholder management and the enhancement of the corporate image of the EPZ Authority;
- Ensure continuity of Board policy and acts as the primary point of contact between the Board and the management and staff of the organization
- Fostering a good working relationship with and under guidance/consultation with Authority’s parent Ministry;
- Ensuring compliance with national, regional and international laws as may be applicable; and
- Provide strategic leadership in developing and implementing effective human resource management, administrative policies and systems and maintaining a conducive working environment suitable for attracting, developing and retaining an efficient workforce;
- Ensuring that EPZA has effective management structure, build capabilities of EPZA management and staff to ensure that the Authority is properly capacity to deliver on is mandate and objectives and that staff are empowered and mentored;
- Establishes organization and staffing plans and appropriate delegation and decision-making frameworks to support the accomplishment of corporate goals and objectives
- Provides direction to the Executive and staff to ensure overall effectiveness in meeting policy and program objectives, and ensures the organization conducts its operations and financial activities with integrity and in accordance with applicable legislative, regulatory and policy requirements
- Leads the establishment of progressive management and human resources policies and practices to ensure a motivated workforce and a sound and supportive employee relations climate
- Establishes and maintains a Board-approved plan for senior management development and succession.
- Provide strategic Leadership and ensure that the institution grows to become financially independent by generating its own resources
- Ensuring preparation of the annual budgets and establishing proper internal controls;
- Spearheading the development and implementation of efficient systems that support the effective use of the Authority’s resources
- Effectively and efficiently lead the deployment of available resources for the best value to the Authority and public interest while assuring financial capability to continuously deliver on the mandate of the Authority;
- Identifying and sourcing for favorable development partners and ensuring that the annual financial audit is conducted and recommendations addressed;
- Communicating the Board’s strategies, decisions and policies to senior management and staff;
- Act as a primary spokesperson of the Authority through an integrated public relations and investor education strategy through multiple medial platform and oversee management of communication to external parties;
- Communicate decisions of the Board;
Requirements for appointment
- Have a Masters degree in any of the following disciplines: Business Administration, Economics, Marketing, Strategic Management, Law or relevant social and physical sciences from a recognized Institution;
- Have a Bachelors degree in any of the following disciplines: Business Administration, Economics, Marketing, Strategic Management, Law or relevant social and physical sciences from a recognized Institution;
- Have at least fifteen (15) years relevant experience in the Public Service or in a large and reputable organization in the private sector, ten (10) of which should be in a senior management position; and ten (10) in post qualifications serving experience;
- Strong resource mobilization skills with local and international development partners.
Leadership skills for strategic transformation. Must have undertaken a leadership course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Have undertaken a Corporate Governance Course from a recognized Institution;
- Possess good oral and written communication skills, including report writing;
- Have a good understanding of the mandate of the Authority and its role in the realization of the national development agenda;
- Be a member of a relevant professional body;
- Be IT proficient;
- Have good interpersonal, negotiation and computer application skills; and
- Be compliant with chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya.
Compliance with Chapter 6 of the Kenyan Constitution
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to meet the following compliance requirements and present them during interview:
- A Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- A Clearance/Compliance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- A Tax compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority
- A Clearance Certificate from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Authority (EACC)
- A Clearance Certificate from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
The remuneration attached to the position of Chief Executive Officer ranges from Kshs. 228,657.00 to Kshs. 655,000.00. The total for other allowances is Kshs. 325,000.00.
Suitably qualified candidates are invited to apply in confidence and can access the Job Application Form (Download by clicking this link) and send it to email@example.com addressed to:
Ag. Chief Executive Officer,
Export Processing Zones Authority,
Administration Building, Viwanda Road, Off Nairobi-Namanga Road, Athi River,
P. O. Box 50563-00200, Nairobi,
attaching copies of certificates, relevant testimonials and the National ID.
All applications should be sent online in pdf format not later than 12th July 2021 at midnight East Africa time.
Export Processing Zones Authority is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on any grounds. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification of the candidate.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS