Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
CMA CGM Group, founded by Jacques R. Saadé, is a leading worldwide shipping & logistics group.
Now headed by Rodolphe Saadé, CMA CGM reinvents transport and logistics in order to offer an integrated maritime, port and land service that exceeds its customers’ expectations.
Present in over 160 countries through 755 offices, 750 warehouses, equipped with a young and diverse fleet of 511 vessels, CMA CGM serves 420 of the world’s 521 commercial ports and operates on more then 200 shipping lines. The group currently employs 110,000 people worldwide, including nearly 2,400 in Marseille, in its headquarters in Marseilles.
This position reports to the Cluster CFO, based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Main tasks and Responsibility
• Procure-to-Pay Support & Control: Ensure that costs are duly and efficiently controlled; Be responsible for controlling Trade Invoices registered by the accounts payable booking team within the agreed timeline. The P2P, or Procure to Pay, cycle is focused on the Supplier processing (Invoicing till payment) activities. The Cost Control Function ensure the authenticity of Trade Invoices (in scope) before they are paid. Also, includes the accounting key validation of the Trade Invoices registered in the system. This is critical to the P2P process as this works as the check point to safeguard incorrect payments made to suppliers.
• Invoice Approval at 2nd level (includes Quality and Business aspect to an invoice).
• Identifying incorrect invoices and following up with respective stakeholders to correct them.
• Follow up on Rejection to resolution cycle.
• Raise and follow business claims with service providers.
• Monitor SSC RFIs taking proper initiative to resolve the ticket in time or push the ticket owners to do it.
• Identify and correct recurrent issues delaying P2P process.
• Review and approve the SSC Country SOM once a year.
• Monitor Special Agreements/Rebates and request credit notes from vendors.
• Support P2P digital solutions deployment with the suppliers.
• Request and follow urgent approval requirement.
• Cost Efficiency: Develop and implement methods to improve Group and agency operating margin.
• Animate the cost efficiency process preparing and participating to Agency Cost Review meetings.
• Monitor the Agency cost saving program budget and performance.
• Find, implement and follow initiatives or projects willing to optimize group margin.
• Visit vendors to brainstorm on mutual cost saving and processes improvement workshops.
• Produce and follow an Agency Cost budget.
• Support spot procurement request performing vendor cost analysis and informing main relevant points for negotiation.
• Perform and report to Agency management and RO the local charge benchmark, twice/year.
Skills and Qualification:
• Master’s Degree in Finance and accounting, or Business Administration
Professional qualifications – CPA(K) or ACCA or equivalent
• Minimum of 7+ years cost control experience.
• Experience with risk and internal control assessment and remediation of control deficiencies
• Flexibility and background in financial accounting and operational audit and compliance within East Africa region.
• Good knowledge of written and spoken English
• Ability to gather, analyze and diverse diffuse information skillfully.
• Ability to solve practical problems and to deal with a variety of concrete variables to provide efficient solutions for all problems faced.
• Ability to show team spirit in work and to exhibit sound and accurate judgment if needed.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work activities, develop realistic action plans and statements and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
• Ability to complete tasks on time or notify appropriate person with an alternate plan, to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Ability to speak clearly and write proper understandable English, in positive or negative situation and to write documents and reports to communicate it to departments / management.
• Ability to plan and organize the work to reach objectives in a timely manner.
• Ability to work with integrity and ethically and to cooperate with superiors and subordinates.
• Patient, curious, rigorous, eager to learn, and to perform
• Strong grasp of Microsoft Office programs like, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Knowledge of shipping industry a plus but not essential
Come along on CMA CGM’s adventure !