Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Who we are
Girl Effect is an international non-profit that builds media that girls want, trust and need.
From chat-bots to chat-shows and TV dramas to tech, our content is reaching millions of girls in Africa and Asia to make choices and changes in their lives. Igniting their confidence to act differently at a time that can define their future.
We create safe spaces for girls, sharing facts, and answering questions about health, nutrition, education, relationships and so much more. And we use innovative technology so we can reach girls at scale. We arm girls with the skills to negotiate and redefine what they are told is possible, so every girl can choose to be in control of her body, her health, her learning and livelihood.
When a girl unlocks her power to make different choices that change her life, it inspires others to do so too. She starts a ripple effect that impacts her family, her community, her country. That’s the Girl Effect.
Context of the role
Adolescent girls are one of the hardest groups to reach in societies. The challenges they face are often under-reported or described on their behalf. Without the inclusion of their perspective, solutions designed to support them aren’t as effective as they could be.
Co-created with girls, TEGA (Technology Enabled Girl Ambassadors) is Girl Effect’s mobile based research tool, that allows girls to collect real-time insights into the lives of their peers. This unique approach, unlocks the open and honest conversations that might otherwise be lost or not included in traditional research.
TEGA networks have gathered data from girls and communities on topics including nutrition, economic empowerment, health and wellbeing, vaccines, mobile access, social media and education. This girl-talk method is especially useful when researching sensitive topics like HIV or sexual health.
What you will do
Ongoing maintenance of TEGA technology (including Digital Agency management)
- Manage maintenance and delivery of TEGA’s technology infrastructure roadmap
- Manage the relationship with TEGA’s Digital Agency, including budget and contract management
- Manage TEGA’s device management system along with the country Project Managers (PMs)
- CMS (content management system) management and maintenance
- Manage TEGA’s e-learning platform Moodle, ensuring it is used globally and supporting all country teams with effective utilisation and training
- Regularly train country teams and new starters on all TEGA technology features and create/manage training for local teams, local partners, translators and TEGAs on all technology
- Keep track of the TEGA team’s technology budget, invoices, expenses in relation to the annual budget and agreed deliverables
- Troubleshoot with in-country PMs for any tech issues faced in field
- Manage technology partners (Scalefusion; Twilio; Moodle etc) and help identify new partners and vendors as required depending on the needs of the organisation.
Management of new product development features
- Work proactively with the country teams and functions across the business on identifying new potential product development enhancements for TEGA that will enable us to capture relevant insights for programming
- Support in the development of detailed scopes of work and project plans; including budgets, timings plans, tech specs, briefs etc
- Monitor progress of work and make adjustments to scope and timings wherever necessary to ensure successful completion of the projects
- Support country teams with implementing potential pilots of new technology features for TEGA
- Deliver and own the new features and enhancements backlog
- Manage Google Venture Sprints with the Digital Agency to create innovative new features to improve TEGA for Girl Effect and our partners
- Proposal writing for tech partnership and funding opportunities including detailed scope of the project, functional specifications, estimated project costs, risks associated, timelines and resource requirements; working closely with the Partnerships team and Digital Agency
Who you are
We are looking for someone with tech Project Management skills (including product development experience with applications and/or digital products). Experience in a fast-growing start up would be desirable and at least 2 years in a role helping manage or lead technology development. You should be a self-starter, who is looking to get their hands dirty and project manage new product development features and help troubleshoot for a global team of TEGAs and staff members.
- 3-5 years of experience in project management; ideally with delivery of multilingual projects and technology infrastructure (hosting and data platforms, CMS, applications etc)
- Great understanding and documented experience of Agile methodologies
- Strong communication (written & verbal), interpersonal and organisational skills
- Experience with software development processes, including requirements gathering, backlog management, sprint planning and prioritisation
- Creative thinker with the ability to contribute new ideas and suggestions
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Self-starter – confident and proactive in generating and leading new initiatives
- Ability to facilitate team working and problem solving through a range of approaches (brainstorming, workshops, training etc.)
- Strong analysis, problem resolution, judgement and decision making skills
- Demonstrable relationship-management skills
- Familiarity with the web/digital industry, processes and techniques a distinct advantage
- Comfortable interfacing with external design & technology teams to develop proposals and solution assessments and communicating this back to the internal team
- Team player with demonstrated ability to execute across a cross-functional team
- Positive, energetic, can do attitude
- Adaptable – able to work in complex and changing environments in a fast paced organisation
- Agile methodology certification or solid experience in Agile or other project management methodology delivery
- Experience working in a digital agency or team
- Experience with delivery of technology infrastructure projects
- Experience with scoping and delivery of data platforms and applications
- Exposure to and understanding of GDPR and implications for organisations
- Experience working in a global setting, across multiple time zones and different cultures; ideally India, South East Asia and/or Africa
- Interest in International Development and girl empowerment
What else you should know
As we continue to scale and grow – we are hugely ambitious for our future and we are looking for people who are driven to change the world for girls.
Our teams are a diverse mix across sectors (non-profit and commercial) and specialisms (from Brand and Creative through to Gender and Insight). You’ll learn and grow in an environment that will challenge you to think and work with a fresh perspective. In turn, you can expect to work somewhere where you will be stretched and developed in your role, a place where you can build your career and work with talented, engaged people committed to our cause.
Girl Effect is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We are committed to building an organization that is increasingly representative of the communities that we serve. To this end, due regard will be paid to recruiting candidates with diverse professional, academic and cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all those we work with and for, especially children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment, uphold standards in our safeguarding policy and our code of conduct. In particular:
- To take reasonable steps to prevent any harm caused by Girl Effect
- To report any safeguarding concerns through the reporting pathways
This role is subject to a satisfactory police clearance/check.
This role is being recruited on a 12 month fixed term contract basis.
Closing date for applications: 8th July 2021