Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Position Title: Communications Officer
Duration of contract: 1 year
Location: Kakuma Refugee Camp
LWF World Service is the humanitarian and development arm of the Lutheran World Federation. We are a widely recognized, international, faith-based organization working in over 20 countries. We seek to bring people of all backgrounds together in the common quest for justice, peace, and reconciliation in an increasingly complex and fragmented world.
A commitment to the human rights of every individual, regardless of their status, guides our work, actions, and operations. We are particularly known for our timely, compassionate, and professional humanitarian work, and for our field presence in hard-to-reach areas. Our work is people-centered and community- based. Above all, we work with the most vulnerable, and in order to claim and uphold their rights, we engage proactively with local government and community structures.
Our partners in Kenya, Somalia Program include: Lutheran Churches and their related agencies, The European Commission (ECHO), the US Government (BPRM), WFP, UNICEF and UNHCR with whom we are key implementing partners.
Lutheran World Federation World Service Kenya Program is seeking to recruit a Kenyan national for the following position to be based in Kakuma.
Position: Communications Officer.
The Communications Officer role aims to ensure that LWF’s communications are effective, targeted, and credible. The position will develop and implement strategies to raise LWF’s media profile and the profile of refugees and the host community in Turkana West Sub County.
He/She will work with relevant LWF sectors to develop strategies and create content to support LWF’s publicity objectives and strengthens LWF’s role as a trusted voice in refugee and host community matters.
The incumbent will report directly to Area Manager or his/her designate.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop and generate compelling digital advocacy contents, stories, and information and knowledge publications
- Design and advice suppliers on branding and information sharing materials
- Lead in the identification of success stories and human-interest stories.
- Coordinate and respond to external communications need.
- Develop and maintain relationships with accredited journalists and media outlets.
- Implement and evaluate LWF’s Communication strategy in consultation with the Senior Management.
- Develop and pitch proactive media opportunities in consultation with LWF senior management.
- Lead and monitor a practical guide for all external and (where appropriate) internal communications materials.
- Monitor daily media and advise on reactive media opportunities.
- Write and distribute media releases with LWF communications.
- Lead production of LWF’s communications materials, including an e-newsletter, Sector Bulletins, brochures and promotional material.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of communication strategies for events, forums and policy submissions.
- A university degree or associate degree in communications, graphic design, social sciences, journalism, international relations or related field from an accredited/recognized institute./
- A minimum of three years’ experience working with an international nongovernmental organization, media outlets, photojournalism and videography.
- Have a certificate in communication techniques such as Photography, Videography and Graphic Design.
- Experience in online communications, including developing and implementing online strategies/content, social media pages and maintaining websites.
- Must possess a certificate of Good Conduct.
- Actively protect children in every aspect of work and personal life by preventing harm and reporting child abuse.
- Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good I.T. skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Ability to prioritize and plan effectively.
- Awareness of different media agendas.
- Team orientation.
- Respect for diversity.
- Monitoring abilities.
- Relationship building skills.
Closing date for applications 7 July 2021
LWF/WS is an equal opportunity employer, irrespective of gender, race or religious affiliation. LWF/WS is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for humanitarian agencies. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect the organization’s commitment to the prevention of abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries.